• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger USA vendors

The last digit indicates what band the radio is on.
The main board is , as he stated in the vid, based on the 2950 , and he designed the amp section.
I see it squarely targeted at Big Radio AM users that want a Galaxy radio look with a high power amp bolted on the bottom.
It's not for me, I do not like radios with pa sections bolted to a radio, but there are guys that want the biggest radio on the block.
The price is also a killer for me, it's a good chunk of change for a mobile....... for that kind of money I can buy a radio that will do 160-10 +6 meters+2 meters+440 all mode with dsp.....
I also understand that not everyone has a lic and needs/wants anything more that 11 meters.

To each his own.

Jeff

So did the original poster buy a radio as I’m seriously interested in an N2 to use as a base station , but I’m
Outside the USA so need to buy from
A trusted radio shop .

So did the original poster buy a radio as I’m seriously interested in an N2 to use as a base station , but I’m
Outside the USA so need to buy from
A trusted radio shop .

I ended up getting a 2995 DXCF from Clays CB shop. I only had them tune for the radio to meet specs. I also got a Road king RK56 noise cancelling mic. No complaints happy with the purchase and customer service. I had Shure 550L new in the box that I had for years that I paired up to it and its just better in a base station application. When I got the radio home I checked everything out, watts, modulation, RX sensitivity and everything was great.

The last digit indicates what band the radio is on.
The main board is , as he stated in the vid, based on the 2950 , and he designed the amp section.
I see it squarely targeted at Big Radio AM users that want a Galaxy radio look with a high power amp bolted on the bottom.
It's not for me, I do not like radios with pa sections bolted to a radio, but there are guys that want the biggest radio on the block.
The price is also a killer for me, it's a good chunk of change for a mobile....... for that kind of money I can buy a radio that will do 160-10 +6 meters+2 meters+440 all mode with dsp.....
I also understand that not everyone has a lic and needs/wants anything more that 11 meters.

To each his own.

Jeff
I agree you can get lot more radio for that kind of money

Built in 5 digit frequency counter according to the man in the video.

They left room for a 6 digit, but they put in a 5 digit. Nice red sticker where that last digit should be, so it's got that going for it.

It is NOT a frequency counter. It is only a readout just like the channel indicator.
Look at the video again on the shelf above the radio as he is modulating, is a true frequency counter which is reading true frequency as he talks.

Big difference between a frequency readout display and a true frequency "counter'.

Just watch it while turning the clarifier knob. If the digits change, it's a true counter display. And if they don't, it's just a multi-digit channel display.

nomad.....
I could be mistaken, but I disagree with that.
By turning the clarifier, all that is being done is changing the tuned-in frequency on the display, same as the channel display.
It is not counting the actual cycles per second.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.