• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rarest cb / export you’ve owned

I have a Robyn SX 402D 40 channel CB radio that I bought as a project.
Not to many of them around.
It was a basket case when I got it.
Picked up the owners and service manual from Kens Electronics.
I replaced most of the electrolics in it and aligned the radio.
TX and RX is decent.
It has 1 segment out in the display and parts are rare as hens teeth.
It is a cool old radio because it has a BFO that allows you to tune in and receive SSB signals.
I put it on the shelf a couple years ago and it has now wound up in storage with a few other projects that I will " some day" get back to.
Ya.
Here is a picture of what it looks like but the actual radio is in a box in storage.
Someday.
I doubt I will ever find a replacment channel display........
Jeff
I have the whole radio for sale if your interested

Reactions: AudioShockwav
DAE3412A-BBDC-48C5-B967-2E7E3416461B.jpeg58C7AD65-BDE0-4F4A-BA0B-6D421D2CF98C.jpeg0CAA309E-B149-4BCB-9005-A018083D6EFC.jpegA8461816-91B8-4219-BC83-828E03422812.jpeg
Don’t see too many of these.
Squires Sanders Flagship
Regency CB27 (2 channel xmit)
The Flagship receive is fantastic and sounds like a tube receiver.

Reactions: Woody-202
Lafayette Telsat SSB-50, built around a Cybernet board I think. Rockbound (crystal controlled) 23 channel mobile radio with sideband. Tossed it in the early 1990s when purging all non-synthesized and tube gear from the radio pile.

Maybe should have held onto it, some guy in Italy has one up on the 'bay for about 500 euros. I did not have the matching Lafayette PS-50 desktop power supply / speaker combo to make it into a base station.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3941854485...d=link&campid=5336136228&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

lafayette_telsatssb50.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Holydvr
Guess was the late 80's had a President Adams mobile. Straight AM/SSB CB. Rare now. Unusually large chassis/package for a reg. 4/12watt CB. Did have a local install one of those Digiscan boxes to it, which were quite the rage in that time, making it 26-28mhz straight thru in 5kc steps. president-adams--5a4ff6a0e263d2.04847377.jpg

Cobra 148 GTL DX, didn't even know there as such a thing as an "export" radio until my uncle hooked me up with this radio. Funny, we both disabled the rogerbeep on the radio because we thought it would be a dead give away that it wasn't a standard 40 channel radio.

i have stalker ix
I had 2 of these, and inherited 2. I have one hooked up now. I like them.
Other than those I have a Jackson Export. I don't know if they're that rare though. And a Cobra 200GTL...which has the orange faceplate from being in the truck, of which I have seen several others with the same discoloration. They're not very heat and sun friendly as far as the faceplate is concerned. Still in the truck and still works good though.

Attachments

• DSC03377.JPG
    DSC03377.JPG
    365.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
You are correct, it was more like you had to know someone who knew someone. I remember talking to a guy on 27.605, he was out the east coast, he sent me a catalog of the expanded rigs he sold. They weren't called exports back then. There was another guy that ran a video store that sold "expanded" rigs out the back door. My friend picked up a Grant DX from him.
My late father in law was doing radio repairs and such back in the day. I remember going on vacation and stopping in Hope Arkansas, or close to it. A drive down a 2 lane hiway to a home in the country to pick up some Boomer amps and Stalker IX's. I don't know how he got hooked up with the guy, but nothing was advertised, and you'd drive by the place if you didn't know it was there.

Last edited:
When I was wet behind the ears in the cb world I had bought a Connex 4800dxl but soon traded it for a galaxy 99. I didn't know any better or I'd still have it. I understand now that it was a clone to the 148gtl dx but don't know for sure.

When I was wet behind the ears in the cb world I had bought a Connex 4800dxl but soon traded it for a galaxy 99. I didn't know any better or I'd still have it. I understand now that it was a clone to the 148gtl dx but don't know for sure.
Never actually owned one of these -- Hallicrafters CB-1. You can find specs and a picture of this on RigPix...It was around 1960. Las Vegas High School had received a federal grant to start up an electronics program which involved us high school students during the day and started "SNTI" (Southern Nevada Technical Institute) for older students. The new facilities included a CB radio station for Vegas High to communicate with the other high schools in the area. One day after school, we had an abbreviated antenna party. The teacher, Chris K7LBQ (SK), was on the roof. I was stationed at the controls of that ancient radio to announce "This is 11Q0082 testing" and then take a reading on the SWR meter. Based on what Chris was doing, I was telling him "longer" or "shorter" for the ONE channel we had a crystal for.

After 3 or 4 adjustments, I heard another station, quite clearly, saying "Eleven Cue Zero Zero Aight Two, I know you cawn't talk to me, since this is your new "Citizen's Band", but I thought you'd like to know you're putting in a good signal here in Johannesburg. This is Zed Ess Three Romeo Bravo, clear."

Las Vegas to Jo'burg South Africa (he had the South African accent as well!) is pretty close to an antipodal contact. I hollered up to Chris and told him not to make any adjustments. The rest of the class was passing news of the DX to Chris as he came down the ladder. First thing he asked was, "You didn't talk to him, did you?"

There was a strict limitation on DX in the 1960s for this new CB stuff. I told Chris that I'd really wanted to, but I had my ham license (Novice) and I knew the rules for CB as well.

But not bad for a Hy-Gain CB GP antenna. Sorry for the lengthy post...

I owned a Sonar G in the late 60’s. It did so well, coupled with a nice tube amplifier and beams -pointed directly toward DC from my home in Va., the FCC stopped by to do a live interview. A receipt of their visit arrived later…

Reactions: towerdog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated