• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI-2950CD owners chime in.. new owner here

Now debating on keeping the C29 from 1995 in truck or selling that and the RM203, and buying a second 2950CD..

Or getting a McKinley for $150 (like I had in truck before and it has SSB) and works great with the 203..

Got my 2w low dk set.. turned up AM modulation just an 1/8 of a turn if even..

IMG_20190301_194209762_LL.jpg

Got a 10w high dk with RF power up all way.

IMG_20190301_194257197_LL.jpg

Driver's said the I sounded good with amp off as well when at like 12 o'clock on RF power knob..

Sent the Cobra 29 down to DTB for D11 diode fix and 2w dk setup for the RM203 as well today.

Last edited:
I would like to know where is the receive amp on the rci 2950cd the chip ic chip control the receive and the audio i know what the problem is because i here it on the pa it tic like a clock an i don't have receive and the number for the ic chip it a 9 pin chip

Last edited:
You might try starting a new thread with your question rather then highjack an old thread. This way more people will see your question faster and can chime in.

Reactions: Tokin
im not sure you are as close to an answer as you think you are, as the receive and the audio are not handled by the same device.
LC

I would like to know where is the receive amp on the rci 2950cd the chip ic chip control the receive and the audio i know what the problem is because i here it on the pa it tic like a clock an i don't have receive and the number for the ic chip it a 9 pin chip
Your best bet is to start a new thread. Im sure there are folks here who can help you.

As for owning one, I found RCI/Ranger and bought a new 2950 back in 1990. Ive bought other radios and while they're fun to use they just dont have the versatility or the functions the 2950 has. I traded my 2950 for a 2995dx and dont run a mobile anymore but if I did im sure it would be a 2950/70

Reactions: CB590
I liked the 2950DX I had. Worked very well for me me. Ran a Turner CS1 with it and got good reports. Sold it yrs ago for something new.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.