1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

RCI 2980 AM\FM RX

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by paulsbox, Oct 4, 2018.

1. paulsbox

paulsbox Member

I have a RCI2980 EPT3600-14b board everything works, but I have no rx on am or fm but it tx on them, but its fine on ssb. Any ideas on what to check?

2. sp5it

sp5it Master of puppets

I would start with 455KHz filter.
    Than:
    [​IMG]

3. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

Well was it working then just quit - or you bought it this way?

Why I say that is I can offer help but if its' used from someone else - then - not so sure...because I don't know what was done by them - you see...stock gives me a starting point, used? Not as simple.

To receive SSB means everything is ok in the RX strip until it breaks off to do the conversion for SSB - the "break" sounds like a simple wiring problem onto something more exotic and complex...

So sorry for the "dumb question" but to direct you - requires some history behind what's been done.

Because, Galaxy used the 3600-14B boards but merged with RCI - so now we have orphaned dinosaurs (Thesaurus I-Bleed Excessiveus)

So the best bet on Fully outfitted but missing the Base Power supply - boards are Located here but only for their main boards. Not the case and cabinetry - that may not be even around so you may need to be on your own snipe/witch/Pink Elephant - Garage sale stuff to find all the parts you may need to keep this Sinclair-era Linear Power Supply - Hit Me I Still Use Bi-Polar's beast...

#3 Handy Andy, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  4. paulsbox

paulsbox Member

5. paulsbox

paulsbox Member

I got it this way, found L3 to be bad. Ordered one, ill see if that fixes it. Thanks

6. paulsbox

paulsbox Member

anybody have an interconnect diagram for the rci2980? It’s kind of a butchered radio some of the wiring has been unhooked.

7. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

Above in the post I sent - look for " Located here " it shows as a hi-lighted link - click on it...

Or I'll just repost it here... Located here.

And if your browser won't show you the hi-lite to help you to locate what I'm talking about - try below...

Try this link

Look for "Inter-connection Diagram" in either PDF or GIF format...

Good luck...

8. paulsbox

paulsbox Member

Replaced L3, fixed it. Anybody have a sir/power meter for the rci2980?

9. kaos513

kaos513 Well-Known Member

barkettelectronics sells em

10. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

11. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

That Golden Eagle Radios is a great place.

12. Dmans

Dmans Well-Known Member

+1 on Golden Eagle Radios

I recently placed an order on his website on a Saturday and the parts delivered Monday. Can't beat that!

73's
    David

13. TM86

TM86 Destroyer of radios

My profile pic is some meters that came from Barkett Electronics, AKA Golden Eagle Radios. I told them about and they shipped me new meters the next day.

The second set were in much better shape.

Dmans likes this.
  14. Dmans

Dmans Well-Known Member

TM86,
    It is rare to get service like that anymore! Not unheard of, just rare. Service like that makes me a return customer!
    In the days of the big box stores (that seem to have put the private owners out of business) you just don't get that personal service. There is still a locally owned hardware store kind of near me and I go out of my way to trade with them. The Ho** D#p*@'s and Lo*e's are the last place on my shopping list. Wally World-FORGET IT!!!

73's
    David