• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995 DX= JUNK

sleepwalker

Apr 3, 2005
Bottom side of Virginia
I have a friend bought one from a reputable shop(8541 Electronics)...when he received it the SSB sounded garbled-off frequency. on AM the radio's modualtion was poor at best-even though it was putting out the watts.- the transformer would buzz loudly when transmitting....radio was returned to this shop 3 times and came back with the same problems each time....each time they said it was something different--so then he sent the radio back to Ranger--they replaced the transformer---when he got it back he keyed it ONCE and then it stopped transmitting--the lights went on and off and the freq. display went haywire.....it has no output whatsoever...BTW the radio is about three months old...IMO Ranger should have replaced the radio...Now he has to send it back to Ranger again.....that's pathetic :evil:

Agreed, 8541 is a sharp tech. I suppose thats just one of the many reasons why RCI stopped selling the 2995 for awile.

finally got through to ranger....called phone number on the shipping for the guy and talked to customer service.....said they would have UPS come get it and they will replace the radio with a new one...if you call their 800 number you can never speak with anyone?

rci 2995 dx

I own one and worked great till warranty cleared have had trouble first with final amp got that fixed and now loosing modulation carrier is great but sounds like I'm in other room talking, its driving me crazy about 20% modulation also be damn sure you have coolling fans. I do like the radio.

Yes Ranger only has 4 employees left in US 2 sales and 2 service. So hard to get any support by phone mostly e-mail.

got the channels....how much easier can that be? not much!! now how do I get some forward power when rf power is cranked all the way with a carrier set at 45 watts...I have no forward from there. what pots?

open up the radio its all marked right there on the board.
with mine evenwith the RF power all the way up my carrier is 80w and swings to 190w peak :) on my mfj-815b

on low 8w carrier swing to 100w peak 8)

unhook amp and on low its 1w swing to 4w and high its 4w swing to 12w :LOL:

Set the Dead key On high to 35 watts and let it swing to 150 max. It wil last forever. Really good radios IMPO, so the 2985. But I still love my FT-840 better.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.