• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995 DX

I bought a new one a couple months back and really like it. I took it up to Nomad Radio and we unboxed it there and i had him do his thing. Really good recieve and great audio reports. I coupled it with a Delta M2 mic and also a D104 and everyone likes the Delta better. Think its maybe the tone control. Great radio so far.

Wow Bobby ! Another New Radio ? o_O Did I get in the wrong line of work ! :LOL: Guess some can do what you do , Myself ... I'm tapping out ! My Best Friend's Daughter in Baltimore is learning your trade now , He started telling me yesterday she learned how to put some thing in the eye's , then glue them shut ? Yup , told him Iv'e heard enough already , let's change the subject . :whistle: But we all know someone has to do it . Just not me ! :D Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo Ps , enjoy your new radio , you deserve it !

I bought a new one a couple months back and really like it. I took it up to Nomad Radio and we unboxed it there and i had him do his thing. Really good recieve and great audio reports. I coupled it with a Delta M2 mic and also a D104 and everyone likes the Delta better. Think its maybe the tone control. Great radio so far.
Just wondering how you're liking that radio because it seems like you've had it a bit now?

Well i like the radio with one exception it blew a mosfet and had to replace them. Could have been a bad jumper caused it. Radio hears good everyone likes the audio on AM and SSB and i like ease of operation. I like big base radios so its right up my alley lol.

I've been eyeing those they look like fun radios.
Bad deal on the Mosfet problems.
I like a plug into AC radio.
My ole Cobra 2000 just needed help getting out from my 10-20, and not so keen on alot of pre owned, with my luck.

We've been calling it the "junior firestarter". The MOSFETs in the amplifier will NOT tolerate any SWR at all. Blows them out.

Had a customer take a new one home after getting the module installed. Warned him it would not tolerate high SWR for any time at all.

He got it home and dropped the hand mike onto the desk while the coax was unplugged from the radio. Landed on the PTT button. Couldn't have keyed it for more than fraction of a second.

Blew out the amplifier MOSFETs.

He did admit to being warned. I'll give him credit for that.

Be very nice to it and it will last a while. Drive an amplifier with it and you may have issues. Making sure the amplifier's relay has changed over and the contacts have closed securely before the radio feeds power to it is the only way to protect it.

Oh I appreciate that information.
That instance of the fellow you were telling me about, his job probably hit the floor, bad situation.

I just sold a 2995dx this summer to a guy in California.
The radio had a better RX as compared to some of my other 2970's.

I used a Turner +3 on it and a 575, both mics work just fine, the +3 had a little more audio than the 575, but both work just fine.

Reactions: TIN_CAN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.