• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 69FFB4 Freq conversion

jetman

Feb 6, 2013
Does anyone know how to mod this rig to get 11 meters? Only info I have found was a youtube vid and my didn't come out the same. I think there is a bit more than just moving the pins. Stupid SMT!!!

Hi...Is this for the 69FFB4 or the 69FFC4, I have the 69FFB4 and would like to know how to perform the conversion. Can someone help please?

It's his money and his rig, if that's what the man wants and it works for him then let the fella enjoy his rig. I've got a mix of different rigs all for different purposes, many hams and even CB'ers will bash my "black box" radios but they do their purpose and I enjoy them.

Reactions: Hot Shot and NZ8N
Hi...Yes I did see the link above, but in the link it stated it was for the RCI-69FFC4. So I wanted to check and see it is will word for the B4 as well.
Thank you all for helping!

I wanted to send out a Big Thank You to Eldorado828 & blasphemy00 for helping out! This worked out great! I am very happy with the radio and it has filled my needs when driving. My only feedback is that the speaker could be a bit better, but nothing an external speaker does not solve!
Kudos...and Thank You again!

I RECENTLY AQUIRED ONE OF THESE ALREADY CONVERTED, HOWEVER THE OUTPUT IS A LOT LESS THAN EXPECTED! CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHICH POD TO TURN TO TURN UP THE AM OUTPUT? I DO SEE ONE THAT SAYS "A/F POWER" COULD THIS BE THE WATTAGE LEVEL ADJUSTMENT? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE I'M NOT THE TYPE TO WORK ON MY OWN RADIOS AND I HATE THE GOLDEN SCREWDRIVER SO I'M TRYING TO BE CAREFUL HERE

Reactions: Edzashed
Whatever you do, don't just start guessing and spinning potentiometers.... you'll be in a world of a mess.

What board number?

Cbt will have something close enough to go off of.

THE OUTPUT IS A LOT LESS THAN EXPECTED!

How much less?

And what kind of RF wattmeter are you using? Can make a big difference. Most wattmeters will accurately show the dead-key wattage. But what they'll show with voice modulation is all over the map. Some meters will accurately read the "peak" power that the radio claims, some meters just won't.

And a properly calibrated "average"-reading meter that was never meant to read peak power may show only 25% of what's claimed as the radio's modulated peak power output. Even when a radio's transmitter is delivering everything it's meant to.

Reactions: NZ8N
I RECENTLY AQUIRED ONE OF THESE ALREADY CONVERTED, HOWEVER THE OUTPUT IS A LOT LESS THAN EXPECTED! CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHICH POD TO TURN TO TURN UP THE AM OUTPUT? I DO SEE ONE THAT SAYS "A/F POWER" COULD THIS BE THE WATTAGE LEVEL ADJUSTMENT? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE I'M NOT THE TYPE TO WORK ON MY OWN RADIOS AND I HATE THE GOLDEN SCREWDRIVER SO I'M TRYING TO BE CAREFUL HERE
R/f Power is your power output, this is variable with most radios, check a power metre for correct wattage.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated