• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

East Central, mainly St Louis, Jefferson, and Franklin Counties but I spend a lot of time a little further south on the forest roads in Washington, Reynolds and Iron Counties. Gonna spend a day at Taum Sauk Mountain as soon as I'm sporting that Sirio...
300 miles away but hey taum sauk is a cool scenic place .welcome here too

WWDX RE-CLAIM LSB 16 CHRISTMAS CONTEST BEGINS TOMORROW

Just a friendly reminder.

WWDX RE-CLAIM LSB 16 CHRISTMAS CONTEST BEGINS TOMORROW

Just a friendly reminder.
Yeah I got my switch ready to flip.. oh wait, I mean I will be following my best operating protocol. Yeah, that's it.

Cold front blew threw yesterday. It is about 50 now and the high is only expected to be 60. It was 83 two days ago.

Propagation has been dead all morning, but it is starting to pick up on LSB 38 and LSB 39. That includes several European stations coming in. I'm hoping that translates to good conditions on LSB 16 for the day.

Cold front blew threw yesterday. It is about 50 now and the high is only expected to be 60. It was 83 two days ago.

Propagation has been dead all morning, but it is starting to pick up on LSB 38 and LSB 39. That includes several European stations coming in. I'm hoping that translates to good conditions on LSB 16 for the day.
That was you I spoke to yesterday from the keys! QSO#2...I requested WDX-40 today. Hopefully locked in today, QRV 16 LSB now.

SL

That was you I spoke to yesterday from the keys! QSO#2...I requested WDX-40 today. Hopefully locked in today, QRV 16 LSB now.

SL
Yes, it was. The contact is down in the log book for 11:15A.M. yesterday. The other station was 505. Your signal was the stronger of the two. Some AM stations made things difficult, but I definitely was able to pull you guys out. I was on the Uniden PC-122 you see in my banner driving an A99. The radio is stock and the station is run barefoot all the time, so not a bad connection.

I'm up in Miami today for the family Christmas events. There's an old, 1981 Realistic TRC 490 Navaho SSB with a Turner Super Sidekick here driving the Starduster clone. My log book shows that you and I made contact while I was using this set up on Dec. 11. I'll see how the combination performs today.

Reactions: Holydvr and Rwb
Yes, it was. The contact is down in the log book for 11:15A.M. yesterday. The other station was 505. Your signal was the stronger of the two. Some AM stations made things difficult, but I definitely was able to pull you guys out. I was on the Uniden PC-122 you see in my banner driving an A99. The radio is stock and the station is run barefoot all the time, so not a bad connection.

I'm up in Miami today for the family Christmas events. There's an old, 1981 Realistic TRC 490 Navaho SSB with a Turner Super Sidekick here driving the Starduster clone. I'll see how the combination performs today.
Our first QSO was on the station in Miami. It was loud here....yesterday not so much. Dan 505 is running a 1/4 wave (102" whip on a deck) 9 ft above ground. Not the best, but you heard him. I am running the 706MKIIG into a Cushcraft R5 at 22' AGL. I head a couple of guys on 16 LSB a bit ago running FM. They were not speaking English, may have been French, but I'm not sure.

Some misplaced superbowler's are on 15 AM making a mess of the band here right now. Is running an Icom 706MKIIG with the power down cheating?

SL

Reactions: Rwb
"Being a good operator is more important"

In an official WDX sanctioned event, they can't say that it is ok. Officially. In public.

WDX doesn't need any unwanted attention, or the appearance of doing the wrong thing. And I respect that.

Only the operator of a station knows for sure what they are running. The only suspicion would be if the station were to cause interference. So be a good operator and don't cause interference. Basically.

Have fun and enjoy the conditions, good luck to everyone.

And,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Reactions: Rwb and YardDog
If conditions pick up I'll be on the channel. My preferred ssb radio throws 70 watts so I won't be in the contest. But I'll have a note pad handy to write down and verify any wdx contacts that reach me. Hope the propagation is in everyone's favor today. To cold to do anything outside so might as well have fun on the air. Good luck everyone.

"Being a good operator is more important"

In an official WDX sanctioned event, they can't say that it is ok. Officially. In public.

WDX doesn't need any unwanted attention, or the appearance of doing the wrong thing. And I respect that.

Only the operator of a station knows for sure what they are running. The only suspicion would be if the station were to cause interference. So be a good operator and don't cause interference. Basically.

Have fun and enjoy the conditions, good luck to everyone.

And,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
I am still waiting for a WDX number. I will have a legit CB hooked up when that happens.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?