• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

This is a new effort to reinvigorate an old theme.

Some of you will recall the pre-40 channel days. Back then, the unofficial SSB hailing frequency was LSB 16. LSB 38 has taken over since pretty much the day we went to 40 channels, but it gets too crowded. And it isn't too uncommon to have someone on LSB 38 running so much power that they distort and splash across several channels. Another problem is the occasional idiot - like the one on there right now playing an air raid siren.

With skip propagation apparently improving, I say we try to bring back LSB 16. At the very least, it will provide a relief valve for LSB 38. At best, we may get a less crowded alternative for making DX contacts. I propose we try to get the ball rolling by aiming to make contact on the following schedule:

Saturday, June 5th
12:00 noon eastern/11:00 A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific

3:00P.M. eastern/2:00P.M. central/noon pacific

6:00P.M. eastern/5:00P.M. central/3:00P.M. pacific

9:00P.M. eastern/8:00P.M. central/6:00P.M. pacific

Sunday, June 6th

Thoughts?
I bought a new Johnson 352 what a great radio but not cheap shame I couldn’t convert it to get all 40 channels.

We'll try our LSB 16 net again January 21st and 22nd.

Contacts are definitely being made on LSB 16. As the word gets out and as skip propagation increases the number of LSB 16 contacts should increase.
Always look forward to Sunday afternoon and firing up the Ranger and trying to make some contacts among my Radio Friends!!!!!

73's

Some of you will recall the pre-40 channel days. Back then, the unofficial SSB hailing frequency was LSB 16. LSB 38 has taken over since pretty much the day we went to 40 channels, but it gets too crowded. And it isn't too uncommon to have someone on LSB 38 running so much power that they distort and splash across several channels. Another problem is the occasional idiot - like the one on there right now playing an air raid siren.

With skip propagation apparently improving, I say we try to bring back LSB 16. At the very least, it will provide a relief valve for LSB 38. At best, we may get a less crowded alternative for making DX contacts. I propose we try to get the ball rolling by aiming to make contact on the following schedule:

Saturday, June 5th

Sunday, June 6th

Thoughts?
Personally I love it!! I actually just got rid of an old ssb 23 Chanel radio for that exact reason no one talks on it!! Ok so I love also the schedule 4 times a day and to shoot out a time is awesome I’m sure even the retirees have other things to do but they we can all hit one of those schedules…
As for me I get to see my grandkids on Saturday so if that visit rolls over into Sunday my apologies… by all means I’ll be out there if not :) Nor cal Motor Mouth 73’s

There's a guy on Youtube who posts his 10 meter activity. I was watching his video the other day. The same idiot who transmits "1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1..." on LSB 38 was doing it up on 10 meters. I think it was 28.405. Keeping my fingers crossed that the idiots stay away from our net.

Saturday, June 5th

Sunday, June 6th

Thoughts?
To close to channels 19, 17, 11, and 6, will get a lot of interference from those frequencies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.