• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Just talked to @Rick330man 404 from the big truck!
951 mobile
JD
Yes, sir. You were making a solid trip to Miami, Fla. I'm running my 41 year old Realistic TRC 490 with a Turner Super Sidekick driving a Starduster clone. The set up is totally barefoot.

I also just heard a 305 in California, but he obviously couldn't hear me trying to get back to him.

2117 in Ontario, Canada was making a great trip down here. Unfortunately, it sounded like his ears were getting clipped by bleed-over.

The afternoon is young.

Last edited:
Yes, sir. You were making a solid trip to Miami, Fla. I'm running my 41 year old Realistic TRC 490 with a Turner Super Sidekick driving a Starduster clone. The set up is totally barefoot.

I also just heard a 305 in California, but he obviously couldn't hear me trying to get back to him.

The afternoon is young.
404 I think it was you I could hear but had lots of bleed over and some music playing.
2117 north of Toronto!

HF propagation for 1/29/23 is predicted to be "FAIR" during the daytime hours on 12-10 meters. I only added 2 DX contacts to my log book yesterday (1/28/23) from LSB 16, but I'm cautiously optimistic and planning on making some additions later today.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
The skip is rolling in today. Two contacts already: 113 outside of Allentown, PA and 128 in NE Arkansas. Both contacts were within minutes of each other around 12:30. Not a bad start.

The problem on 16 today is that there's some guy on AM who's been talking almost non-stop. There's also a group there out of Anderson, Indiana. Hopefully these guys will give it a rest and allow the SSB net to gather some steam.

Last edited:
The skip is rolling in today. Two contacts already: 113 outside of Allentown, PA and 128 in NE Arkansas. Both contacts were within minutes of each other around 12:30. Not a bad start.

The problem on 16 today is that there's some guy on AM who's been talking almost non-stop. There's also a group there out of Anderson, Indiana. Hopefully these guys will give it a rest and allow the SSB net to gather some steam.
Good afternoon, just fired up the Ranger and gave a shout out in DX land a few minutes ago,didn't run into any one on the am side ,but just made contact with WDX 312 Oklahoma and had a nice short qso with Lance,the conditions seem to be holding up here in Central Pennsylvania here and there,hope all of my Radio Friends have a great Sunday and God Bless!!

73's

I made contact with WDX 163 at about 1:11P.M. We were both getting slammed with bleed-over from AM 15, but we managed to make it work. A few minutes later, I heard WDX-1863, WDX-945, 0138 in Dallas, Riverman and 659, but didn't have any luck getting back to either of the five.

Propagation conditions are shifting. Hoping for a few more contacts today.

Last edited:
I made contact with WDX 163 at about 1:11P.M. We were both getting slammed with bleed-over from AM 15, but we managed to make it work. A few minutes later, I heard WDX-1863, WDX-945, 0138 in Dallas, Riverman and 659, but didn't have any luck getting back to either of the four.

Propagation conditions are shifting. Hoping for a few more contacts today.
You are absolutely correct about conditions shifting,one min I hear stations that were faint in the background,are suddenly crystal clear for for a min or so,at least up here in Central Pennsylvania.......................

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.