• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I get a little better performance in the Keys because I'm only a few feet from the salt water. Conductivity pays! A few months back, I was able to talk to 339 from my Keys QTH with my Uniden PC 122 driving an A99. Conditions here in Miami aren't terrible. The first time I made contact with 226 I had a 102" whip on a tripod in the back yard with a 102" aluminum pole for a counterpoise. Still, being near the water in the Keys definitely makes a difference.

Last edited:
Heard ya in there Greg, and 561 a minute ago. Unable to make contact though.
I was at Taum Sauk Mountain State Park at the highest point in Missouri but surrounded by pine trees. I tried getting back to 917 but he couldn't pull my numbers out of the noise. Too windy to deploy the Moxon yesterday, may try today. I thought I heard someone else try to get back to me but all I caught was "61".

I was at Taum Sauk Mountain State Park at the highest point in Missouri but surrounded by pine trees. I tried getting back to 917 but he couldn't pull my numbers out of the noise. Too windy to deploy the Moxon yesterday, may try today. I thought I heard someone else try to get back to me but all I caught was "61".
Just read this and what do you know, I hear ya callin on the channel. Short but good contact, conditions not holding

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.