• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Right on! That contact was icing on the cake of an already great 3 days off. Thanks again for the QSO. I heard 945, 1340, and 163 making contacts with you but just barely. I literally packed up and left 15 minutes after that with a big grin on my face. That Moxon was dancing in the wind gusts but survived and worked great! 1.2 from 1 to 5 and 1.0 the rest of the channels according to President McKinley. Great day.

View attachment 62528
Holy cow….now that’s a mobile!!!! Your 12watts into a area of 10 million people(noise) was incredible!! It’s so noisy around here. Props to all the stations that made it into SoCal!!!

Reactions: rixdafix
Im in central ct. That 2547 of yours was kickin azz for a few minutes, that an earlier model before mosfets? Ive got the same one sittin on the shelf, drifts like an untied boat.

Reactions: Brother DXer
Oh that's right, I forgot about talking to Atlantic city and someone named Vinny up in your direction.
I honestly don't know much about this radio. Someone gave this to a friend and he gave it to me. The first guy has since passed on. Apparently he couldn't keep his hands out of it and had it SO messed up that it was unusable. I sent it off and a month and 230.00 later, it works great!! The technician told me to NEVER send him a radio like this again. Hahaha... He did an awesome job!
I had him set the low power to 1 watt and I use it with a kl203p and the Astatic D104 desk mic. I've only had it about 9 months.

Reactions: RCIGuy
Cool cool, your tech did a good job, sounds awesome here.
Thanks brother! I know these have a tendency to drift and I'm assuming this radio will start drifting some day. Actually, I feel lucky every day when I turn it on an it's stable. I'll keep using it until then...

LSB 16 net this week-end on the usual 12:00 noon eastern Saturday through Sunday afternoon schedule. Propagation is predicted to be in the "Good" range for 12-10 meters tomorrow, Saturday, February 11. Hopefully this means the DX gods will be shining on our signals.

As Ridafix so capably put it, do your part to "MAKE 16 LSB GREAT AGAIN".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.