• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Good start so far to this Sunday. Two solid contacts with WDX 163 in Michigan by noon followed by 703 mobile in Chicago just a few minutes later. It'll be a banner day if contacts keep making coming at this rate.
I'll be on in a bit, also. We're gonna try

Nice audio 917! The band is up and down on my end but your audio made the QSO happen.
And back at you 917. It's been a long time since I've talked on16L. The last month or so has been fun chatting with the WDX crowd.
Back in the 80s 16U&L were being used. Everybody in SE Michigan used 16U.
So much fun!!! It’s nice to put a voice to a screen name. Hey flatland…next time my friend!!

945 - you were booming in when we had the QSO about half an hour ago and then again when you were talking with 917. You and 226 consistently come in strong down here.

1340 out of Nebraska also came in strong. I heard his half of the QSO with 917. I tried hailing 1340 but sounds like he couldn't hear me.

1 guy jumped calling CQDX. When I responded, he wanted me to know that 16 was not a sideband frequency but one utilized by locals. He didn't say where that would be, but I'm guessing he had no idea that LSB 16 was the main SSB frequency going back to the 1970's.

Interesting day. We'll keep trying.

945 - you were booming in when we had the QSO about half an hour ago and then again when you were talking with 917. You and 226 consistently come in strong down here.

1340 out of Nebraska also came in strong. I heard his half of the QSO with 917. I tried hailing 1340 but sounds like he couldn't hear me.

1 guy jumped calling CQDX. When I responded, he wanted me to know that 16 was not a sideband frequency but one utilized by locals. He didn't say where that would be, but I'm guessing he had no idea that LSB 16 was the main SSB frequency going back to the 1970's.

That's one of the disadvantages of running some power while in town. The base station gets out slightly better than it hears, although my noise floor was pretty good today at S2.

I'm in a bad locale here in town. My noise floor is NEVER under S5 and today is about 7.5 to 9 . Even on the extremely calm and quiet nights, I'm at S5. Last night chatting locally with my buddy, he has S0, nuttin. I was at a 5 with lots of hash. So, keep this in mind, folks, when I tell you I can barely hear you over the noise, you're actually doing very well. You must climb over my S5 for me to hear you.

Good afternoon Radio Friends, just woke up from a nap and turned on the Ranger and thought I might try to make some contacts on 15 LSB this afternoon, hopefully conditions are holding steady for all, have a great day and God Bless you folks!!

73's

WDX 1863
Good morning. It's been a little active since 12noon EST, on channel 16 lsb.

Spoke to 1340 Nebraska and 561 in Missouri!!! 561 was running barefoot and making a geat trip to SoCal. Also 945 came in and said hello! Both 945 and 1340 were blasting!!
Right on! That contact was icing on the cake of an already great 3 days off. Thanks again for the QSO. I heard 945, 1340, and 163 making contacts with you but just barely. I literally packed up and left 15 minutes after that with a big grin on my face. That Moxon was dancing in the wind gusts but survived and worked great! 1.2 from 1 to 5 and 1.0 the rest of the channels according to President McKinley. Great day.

antenna.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.