• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Quite a few contacts made this morning and early afternoon including 163, 630, 134, 659 and 953. I'm also hearing 134 contacting stations in NC and VA.

There is definitely activity and the afternoon is still young.
Great to work you today. Conditions were up and down but when you were up you were in the red on my 2950 in the mobile. So the barefoot 980 and Antron works just fine.

630 South central Illinois
Tony

Great to work you today. Conditions were up and down but when you were up you were in the red on my 2950 in the mobile. So the barefoot 980 and Antron works just fine.

630 South central Illinois
Tony
I'm getting out all the way up there on just a barefoot rig? Alright!

The Uniden PC-122 in my banner died on me this morning. I'm pretty sure the PLL went due south. I started losing some channels and then all of the sudden I had no channels at all. The unit was 30+ years old, so I really can't complain.

The Bearcat 980 is a few years old, but hasn't seen any action in a while. With the PC-122 now gone silent, the Bearcat will have to step up to the plate. I'm glad to hear it isn't skipping a beat.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575

The Uniden PC-122 in my banner died on me this morning. I'm pretty sure the PLL went due south. I started losing some channels and then all of the sudden I had no channels at all. The unit was 30+ years old, so I really can't complain.

The Bearcat 980 is a few years old, but hasn't seen any action in a while. With the PC-122 now gone silent, the Bearcat will have to step up to the plate. I'm glad to hear it isn't skipping a beat.
My first SSB rig was a 122 (trc-465). Added an expo 120 kit for extra channels and opened the clarifier. Worked the world on that little rig.. with a 4 pill and an omni. I still have it on a shelf in the closet. I will never let it go...sentimental value.

Reactions: Rick330man
I called out a few times and got nothing. I did hear a station but didn't get numbers or a qth. Maybe I should go mobile.? I seem to have better luck that away.
That was me trying to get back to you. I definitely had a copy here in the lower Florida Keys, but your signal was fading in and out.

Reactions: RT431
Got home early today from Work and fired up the Ranger,was able to make Contact with WDX 404 out of Florida and WDX 226 out of Texas,had some nice short qso's despite the fair DX conditions up here in PA, always great talking with my Radio Brother's out there in DX Land!!

73's

Reactions: Brother DXer
SUNDAY, MARCH 19th NET BEGINS AT 10:00A.M.

We are trying something different tomorrow in an attempt to expand our universe of potential contacts. The Lake Eerie SSB Radio Club does an LSB 16 net Sunday mornings from 10:00A.M. to 11:00A.M. Getting our WDX crew out here at 10:00A.M. should create more QSO opportunities for both sets of operators. We the skip gods on our side, it should be good for all involved.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575

Great talking with you today,sounded good over the air despite the conditions,Love those Unidens 980 ,Rock solid on SSB, have a great weekend ahead!!

73's
WDX 1863

SUNDAY, MARCH 19th NET BEGINS AT 10:00A.M.

We are trying something different tomorrow in an attempt to expand our universe of potential contacts. The Lake Eerie SSB Radio Club does an LSB 16 net Sunday mornings from 10:00A.M. to 11:00A.M. Getting our WDX crew out here at 10:00A.M. should create more QSO opportunities for both sets of operators. We the skip gods on our side, it should be good for all involved.
Central Time?

We start at 10:00A.M. eastern tomorrow.

Despite less than optimal conditions, I logged 12 contacts with 8 different stations over just over two (2) hours of actual time spent monitoring. For a totally barefoot rig, I'll take it.

Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing if we can all expand our universe of contacts.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated