• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I've got the radio on as I takes care of other matters. It has been turned on LSB 16 since 9:58A.M. and no SSB traffic whatsoever has been heard. I've called out a few times and not received any response. 16 LSB has been absolutely dead! A few AM operators were on the channel for about 15 minutes, but that was it. Their area code 315 phone numbers tells me they were in north western New York state. their signals were super strong one second and almost gone the next. Very erratic.

I'll keep listening. Maybe folks will start to appear at our regularly scheduled noon start time.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatlandBusa
134 was making solid trip down here to Miami, FL just now around 12:30, but he definitely could not here me. I tried, but 12 watts will gets me so far.

Around the same time I could hear someone using WDX and I could make out 61, but I could barely pull them out...not enough to count, but definitely enough to keep trying.

134 was making solid trip down here to Miami, FL just now around 12:30, but he definitely could not here me. I tried, but 12 watts will only get you so far.

Around the same time I could hear someone using WDX and I could make out 61, but I could barely pull them out...not enough to count.
I was calling on my base station just now, I was mobile when we talked yesterday. My noise floor is low right now, so I should have heard you if propagation was with us.

Reactions: Rick330man
You were making an excellent trip this way a few minutes ago. No other station was coming in anywhere near as strong.

I was in the lower Keys yesterday (Uniden Bearcat 980 driving an A99) but am in Miami today (Realistic TRC 490 with Turner Super Side kick driving a Starduster clone). Propagation seems to be giving me arcs to your part of the country. I just made contact with 561 just outside of St. Louis. NY was coming in earlier, but the little that is coming in now is all coming from the mid-west.

Also, we have a cold front moving through so we could see some interesting effects on skip as the afternoon moves on.

I'm hearing Nebraska to Delaware as 134 carries on his QSO with 808. At the same time, I'm hearing St. Louis, Missouri to Pasadena, California as 561 reaches out to 917. The two conversations are going on at the same time, but they don't seem to be aware of each other.
We called out a few times to see if someone was trying to break channel, I thought I could hear a little something in my noise floor, but nothing I could copy. Funny how mother nature decides who she is going to connect to whom.

@561...you've been the most consistent of the stations I've heard today. The challenge has been getting over the noise floor. It is riding right around 3 "S" units and you've been coming in just a hair over it. If you had a base or maybe a 102" whip on the mobile we probably could have talked all afternoon.

Reactions: rixdafix
@561...you've been the most consistent of the stations I've heard today. The challenge has been getting over the noise floor. It is riding right around 3 "S" units and you've been coming in just a hair over it. If you had a base or maybe a 102" whip on the mobile we probably could have talked all afternoon.
Yeah it's hit and miss since I'm working with 12 watts (if I'm lucky). First antenna was a Sirio 5000 and second was an MFJ 12 meter telescopic that I only extend to 103". They both work great but all of the near by high ground is surrounded by trees and once again it was too windy for my wire Moxon on the painters pole lol.

I sure appreciate the stations that do get back to me. I know it's a challenge to hear me in all the noise. I tend to keep my QSOs short and sweet because it's awesome to actually end a conversation before my signal goes away Roger?

My wife and I have been house hunting going on two years now and one of my first projects will be to get a base station and antenna farm set up proper. We live with my brother right now and his HOA doesn't allow antennas...

73s to all, Rick

26 in Iowa was booming in as he carried on a QSO with 917 in Pasadena, CA. The strength of the signals was bouncing around a bit, but their conversation was making it here to So. Florida.
That’s crazy how our QSO made it all the way down there. 26 sounded like a local. Mother Nature sure likes to make things interesting.

404 there is always next weekend my friend!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated