• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

its 556 pm cst i called out no reply 2525 southwest mo
Sorry I missed the opportunity, Rwb.
I was on and off most of the day and was out of the house when you called out. My wife politely asked me to get off my a$$ and run a few errands. Sorry brother!!
How about tomorrow??

Reactions: Rwb
Sorry I missed the opportunity, Rwb.
I was on and off most of the day and was out of the house when you called out. My wife politely asked me to get off my a$$ and run a few errands. Sorry brother!!
How about tomorrow??
ok is things we have to do.keep her happy n your life is better. today i got help coming n prolly wont be doing much radioing

Reactions: Brother DXer
ok is things we have to do.keep her happy n your life is better. today i got help coming n prolly wont be doing much radioing
I was in the mobile all afternoon yesterday driving from Hagerstown, MD up to New England. I heard 226 in West Texas booming in on that portion of my drive from MD to NY. I could hear him talking to quite a few stations, but I could barely pull most of them out. Usually, I couldn't hear them. I also heard someone mention that they had connected with Sun Bulls. The other station I heard quite a bit at the start of the drive was 3336, I believe.

I was running my Cherokee AH-100 walkie talkie with my Stryker 5K magnetic mount. That rig has worked really well for me in the past. It got me zero contacts yesterday.

The other issue I ran into was the bleed-over from AM 15. What a mess! It was a channel six clone. One guy was pegging my meter on AM 15, so he was giving me some serious bleed-over on LSB 16.

Still, from the comments, our effort definitely had some success.

One thing that did surprise me was the number of stations coming in from the UK on LSB 36-39. I heard stations from Manchester, Birmingham, Limerick and quite a few others. Mother nature was on roll.

Last edited:
yesterday i checked in on 16 n all i heard is our southern neighbors n i dont speak much spanish. that might create another 38 lsb jam on 16. but they can use 16 same as us.if i could speak spanish i might hear interesting talk too
I speak Spanish fluently and did hear some of it, but it was just some guy on AM 16 with a loud station and a few others getting back to him. I was picking him up for about half an hour.

Yes, lots of bleed over for me as well. Plus I had some jacka$$ keying on top of me, but that's always to be expected. But over all, we proved yesterday that it can be done, just have to have the right conditions. I'm not too busy today and will try at the top of the hour for about 10 or 15 minutes throughout the day. See what happens.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?