• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Had a great contact with Shadetree Mechanic this morning but nothing after that. I was on 16 at the top of the hour for about 10 minutes until around 4:00 and heard nothing besides some bleed over. I had great success on 37 and 39 lsb, booming into the northeast with no problem. Didn't spend any time on 38.

Reactions: Rwb
I'm glad we have some success to show for our efforts. Do we want to try on a regular basis?

As the skip cycle benefits from increased sun spot activity, LSB 38 is going to be a mess. Having an LSB 16 option will get us to an alternate hailing frequency folks can rally around and give us some separation from the bleed-over the high power stations on LSB 38 can generate.

I'll be doing some seriously long driving hours Tuesday and Wednesday. If folks want to try again, I'm game.

got on at noon cst,again at 6:30 pm cst today n just left at 7:08 pm. was so quiet you could hear a church mouse fart

Reactions: Brother DXer
I tried many times throughout the weekend but no luck. Only thing I heard was static and mexicans or bleedover. Conditions and location just wasn't in my favor but I'll try again next weekend.
yep same way here

I also wanted mention that I heard 226 explaining to a couple of stations what we're trying to do and telling folks about WWDX. Maybe we'll get a few new members for WWDX out of this?
That's when me and undertaker were on. Conditions were all over the place then. He was talking to Jeff up in Yosemite, then I connected with a couple of guys in the northeast. I had asked if they were members of WWDX, then had to explain. One of the guys sounded surprised he hadn't heard of the forums.

I'll keep trying 16 occasionally and see what happens. Undertaker gets out a lot better than I do, so he'll be a good source of information.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.