• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I heard a couple stations here in VA around 12:00 12:30 today. They were having some trouble getting each other clarified in. Another station and I tried to contact either or both but they never heard me. Band seemed to close down right after that since I didn't hear anyone or anyone heard me until I had to close down around 2:00.

I'm glad folks continue to try. I've tried a few times today. No SSB traffic, but some AM activity. I'll keep trying tomorrow, Sunday.

Keeping the faith and continuing the effort.

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb
tryin ta talk on 16 lsb be easier to piss up a tree n hope none splatters on ya

16 has too many splatter boxes close by n that dont help much. get splatter box fired up n hear A-U-D-I-O A--U--D--I--O NON STOP N 16 IS JUST NOISE. as for why after seeing meters raise its time to quit sounding like a kid but that never happens

on this evening after 6 est a lot of spanish here in florida,, on am,, listened till 9 pm,, some one was calling but just could not pull out who or where,,,, 273 central florida,,,,,

LET's TRY THIS AGAIN THIS WEEK-END

I've been getting some interesting skip down here the last few days. Yesterday was pretty dead, but I got great propagation for about an hour. I wound up making a really strong connection with 965 in Nebraska. We made contact on LSB 38 and then carried on the conversation on LSB 39.

Today again sounded like a dud, but then around 2:00-3:00P.M. eastern I started picking up a bunch of stations in California and Arizona. WR 0149 in New Mexico made contact on LSB 38. We did the QSY shuffle to LSB 39, where we were able to speak for several minutes.

So, it looks like there is some sky propagation to work with. To try to improve the chances of success, I'd propose that folks try to make contact on LSB 16 at 9:00A.M., noon, 3:00P.M., 6:00P.M. and 9:00P.M. eastern times Saturday, Sept. 10th (tomorrow) and at the same times on Sunday, Sept. 11th.

Let's give it a try!

LET's TRY THIS AGAIN THIS WEEK-END

I've been getting some interesting skip down here the last few days. Yesterday was pretty dead, but I got great propagation for about an hour. I wound up making a really strong connection with 965 in Nebraska. We made contact on LSB 38 and then carried on the conversation on LSB 39.

Today again sounded like a dud, but then around 2:00-3:00P.M. eastern I started picking up a bunch of stations in California and Arizona. WR 0149 in New Mexico made contact on LSB 38. We did the QSY shuffle to LSB 39, where we were able to speak for several minutes.

So, it looks like there is some sky propagation to work with. To try to improve the chances of success, I'd propose that folks try to make contact on LSB 16 at 9:00A.M., noon, 3:00P.M., 6:00P.M. and 9:00P.M. eastern times Saturday, Sept. 10th (tomorrow) and at the same times on Sunday, Sept. 11th.

Let's give it a try!
just now i did a spin the selectorn on 16 buth upper n lower noise just loud noise

I proposed the schedule to improve chances of making contacts by getting everyone to try set known times. Starting 9:00A.M. tomorrow, I'll be trying every 3 hours. Let's see if this gets off the ground. Otherwise, we're kind of stuck with the LSB 38 pile up.

Last edited:
It won't work, all of us high power AM guys roam that territory. Get your notch filter ready

Last edited:
  • Haha

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated