• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

This morning from about 11:00A.M. eastern until just after 12:00 noon was pretty good, but then it started to fade.

1863 - we made contact, but I know you were having trouble hearing me.

226 - I was barely able to communicate with 226, and contacts with him over the last 2 week-ends have usually been pretty solid. I could hear him talking to 36 in Ohio, who I spoke with yesterday, but I couldn't hear 36 at all.

490 - Efforts to get back to him weren't successful.

723 - just heard this station loud and clear. He was talking to Dallas and then was gone.

I'm not hearing things from out west anywhere near as well as I could yesterday. The northeast - NY and PA - boom in at times but only to have the bottom drop out.

Propagation today doesn't seem to be as good as it was yesterday, but the day is still young.

Just wrapped up a solid contact with 933 just outside of State College, PA. Definitely the strongest, steadiest contact I've made all day on LSB 16. I can't hear 226 any more, but I hear 933 talking with him.

Skip today is a moving target as conditions are changing often, but the skip is out there.

Welcome to the forums Matt!! Glad you signed up. This is a great place for meeting some great people, who also have the same interests. Also for asking any questions regarding radio, whether it's cb or amateur.
73's
Rod

Thanks for the contact today, Brother Dxer 226 West Texas, and the excellent information
From 933 NorthWestern Pa.
Good talking to you just a little while ago. Your 23 channel rig sounded just fine down here in the lower Florida Keys. The walkie talkie you see in my banner is the radio I was using in my communications with you.

Welcome to WWDX.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.