• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

LSB 16 REVIVAL - A SUCCESS

My DX log was updated just two days ago. After this past week-end hanging out mostly on LSB 16, my updated DX log needs updating!

The results of this week-end's LSB 16 revival project are putting a smile on my face. My log reflects close to 30 different contacts with 18 different stations just on LSB 16. I'm sure 226, 339 and others may have similar and even better results to report. I did make a few other contacts on the usual channels - LSB 38, LSB 37 and LSB 36 - but our focus as a group was on LSB 16, and I'm calling that effort a success. Thanks to everyone that participated. I think everyone enjoyed it.

NOVEMBER 26th and 27th: The Next Round

We can't stop now. The skip cycle is just getting revved up. We've brought some life to LSB 16 and even got interested folks from that effort to join WWDX. Thanksgiving falls on Thursday, November 24th this year. The week-end days right after that are Saturday, November 26th and Sunday, November 27th. How about we plan that week-end for our next LSB 16 DX revival & contest? It will give us time to get the word out and get our stations in order.

What do you think, folks?
Sounds good to me,I'll be trying and listening on 27.155 (16) LSB beginning around 1pm EDT up here in Central Pennsylvania on Sunday Nov 27, looking forward to it,had a great qso with member Brother Dxer WDX-6820 out of Texas and really enjoyed it!!
WDX-1863

Last edited:
I don't know of any logging software that will allow 'out-of-bands' contacts for CB/11m . From what I've read, its something about having a standard database format that interchanges between apps (so you can switch log apps without reentering the whole db), and they are pre-set for the standard ham bands..

I use a google spreadsheet and keep the tab open all the time. My radio is next to my computer so it makes it easy to log. I assume a tablet would work too since its just a sheet.

Last two contacts WWDX 16LSB!
Screenshot from 2022-11-01 17-32-10.png

FRIENDLY REMINDER BUMP

Remember that we are going to continue our LSB 16 efforts exactly a week from today. We'll start Saturday, November 26 at noon and aim for every hour on the hour after that. We'll repeat the protocol the next day, Sunday, November 27.

Last month's effort was my idea of a success. The time to do it again is just one week away.

I'm sure the Pilgrims would have given thanks for whatever DX they could have gotten back in the day. Making our effort over the Thanksgiving week-end will allow us to pay tribute to those early DXers.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.