• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Well, I found the source of my interference on channel 16. It seems there's an AM carrier living there and it's been steady for days and days. If I flip to upper side band I get a very high pitched tone that never lets up. On Lower Side it just causes hash and heterodynes when people key up. The am carrier holds a solid 6 on my S meter.

Well, I found the source of my interference on channel 16. It seems there's an AM carrier living there and it's been steady for days and days. If I flip to upper side band I get a very high pitched tone that never lets up. On Lower Side it just causes hash and heterodynes when people key up. The am carrier holds a solid 6 on my S meter.
Wow,that stinks,do you have any nearby neighbors that run CB base Station's???? Thinking that a solid 6 Carrier could indicate a another close station...... just curious

Reactions: Brother DXer
No radio fun today, we have been getting storms here with heavy rain mixed with snow and wind gusts.
I spent part of the morning cleaning up a oak that crashed last nite.
Its heading east, watch out for it.

Jeff
I know that our local (NWS) are calling for a possible significant Snowstorm for Central Pennsylvania on Thursday and Friday this week, would rather have snow than rain.............we shall see!!

Reactions: Brother DXer
Wow,that stinks,do you have any nearby neighbors that run CB base Station's???? Thinking that a solid 6 Carrier could indicate a another close station...... just curious
Actually, there are only two of us that talk around here. I have a standing Saturday night engagement with a buddy of mine lives about 8 Miles Away and we chat from 8:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m.. I don't know of anybody else that's active in town. But it is definitely a solid RF carrier.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Actually, there are only two of us that talk around here. I have a standing Saturday night engagement with a buddy of mine lives about 8 Miles Away and we chat from 8:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m.. I don't know of anybody else that's active in town. But it is definitely a solid RF carrier.
Is it steady (maybe a harmonic) or is it someone deliberately being a jerk?

Reactions: Rwb
Is it steady (maybe a harmonic) or is it someone deliberately being a jerk?
It's steady. Other channels have a varying meter, you know, a DB here or there, bouncing a bit. 16 is a solid 6 and doesn't waver. Also, the noise is much quieter than other channels. When I get a chance, I'll make a short video showing it.

With the Workman 6 Hub Starduster my noise floor is running 2-3 S units. When I switch to my 1/4 wave ground plane, it drops to 1. Bleed-overs from AM 15 and AM 17 have been a problem at times. I'm also now starting to hear this Mexican dispatcher on AM 16 that seems to pop up every few days.

The good news is that folks have made contacts. Hopefully, there are more to come.
she sounds like she gets mad at times dont she

harmonics in radio? only bad bit on my old galaxy ,it has harmonics on channel 13 or an internal birdie

spanish on am all weekend,, must have been a festival some where,,,
¿Cómo estás, amigo?

Most of the Spanish I pick up on skip is definitely out of Mexico. The accent gives it away. I've also noticed a fair amount of Portuguese chatter coming out of Brasil on LSB 36, USB 30 and occasionally some other channels in SSB mode.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated