• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Recommend an Antenna Analyzer

i Have the rig-expert AA-30 and it works great but wish i had bought the AA-54. But the 30 does most bands that i usually build antennas for and i have a swr meter that will do 6m, A good SWR meter will get you by for a while the analyzer just makes checking the antenna faster.

I have the Rigexpert AA-600. I've owned the MFJ-259 in the past, which was good for it's time. These Rigexperts are in another league. And if you've ever tried to use the cheaper ones in a high-RF environment, you'll quickly realize why something like the Rigexpert is worth its price.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Oh if I was going to do this for a living professionally or did a lot of development work I would agree the Rigexpert are great and worth every penny I am sure. I just have to wait for them to get a bit older and come up on the surplus market or become obsolete and get NOS/NIB then!

Oh if I was going to do this for a living professionally or did a lot of development work I would agree the Rigexpert are great and worth every penny I am sure. I just have to wait for them to get a bit older and come up on the surplus market or become obsolete and get NOS/NIB then!

You know they are not as expensive as I remember them being I might have to get one maybe next month!

I have the Rigexpert AA-600. I've owned the MFJ-259 in the past, which was good for it's time. These Rigexperts are in another league. And if you've ever tried to use the cheaper ones in a high-RF environment, you'll quickly realize why something like the Rigexpert is worth its price.
One of my Mentors back in 1991 or 1992 had an MFJ with a digital read out and that was my first exposure and it was fantastic! That said being an electronic repair shop that catered to Hams and CB'er it was worth every penny.

Received my AA-54 today.
Absolutely love it. (y)
Should have bought one years ago.
Yeah, once you learn all the features it's really a nice tool to have. You got the nicer model which can instantly check 5 bands of your choosing at once plus the scanning feature with adjustable bandwidth can let you easily see exactly where your antenna is at.

These models do exceed the antiquated MFJ-259 series!

Yeah, once you learn all the features it's really a nice tool to have. You got the nicer model which can instantly check 5 bands of your choosing at once plus the scanning feature with adjustable bandwidth can let you easily see exactly where your antenna is at.

These models do exceed the antiquated MFJ-259 series!

Thanks, fsb.
It was your review on page one of this thread that sold me on it.

This is what I use ....... and I also have the MFJ-259C ...... The readings on the MFJ line right up with the RigExpert AA-55 Zoom.....

AA-55ZOOM_rgb.jpg

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated