• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RF Limited News . . .

I was gun shy when I was offered a cobra 200 GTL in a trade because of all the issues I heard with them. I honestly LOVE mine as (knock on wood) I have NOT had any issues with mine! It is doing 125w on SSB, NOT the 150 or so watts most guys were trying to get out of them. I have MANY contacts on .385 with just the radio and 4ft skipshooter antenna on a 3 mag set up on the roof of my mini van :D

Just my .02

You were fortunate indeed.
Do Cobra still make the 200 GTL ?

VERY fortunate! LOL As I recall, they are no longer made which is a shame cause it is a decent rig. One of these days I am gonna bring it in the house an use it with the 3 ele beams and see what I can do :)

People loved the way my 200GTL sounded on the air, I made a ton of contacts on it.

But it was barely out of the box long enough to lose the chinese factory smell before it kicked the bucket.

Cobra fixed it and sent it back, it died again, I sent it back, they refunded.

Other people sent theirs back, they refunded, then Cobra killed the 200 GTL. Sad story.

I had a chance to talk to Sam yesterday when I called in for an RMA# for my 257HP. He mentioned the next batch of 1012's will have a button on the front panel to switch between 10 and 12 meters.

Also, he said that the new 257HP will retain memories no matter how long you have it unplugged, and also will have all the PL tones for 10M repeaters! He also mentioned the 457HP, an even higher power version of the 257. The bad news was that the new 257HP's probably won't be available until summer.:sad:
The good news is, the price will probably remain the same, or just $10 more.:tongue:

My hiking buddy and I both both bought Magnum 1012 radios from 2 different CB stores online. Both radios had the FMing problem on sideband. But the good news is, both radios were sent back to Magnum and the problem is now completely corrected. Everything on the radio works as in the instructions. It has good audio quality on send and receive.

No, I'm going to do video reviews on YouTube because I like to review stuff. If it happens to make it to this site, that is OK. But I am not doing it for the forum.

GLR, you aren't right and never have been.
Hope you are getting better.

Last edited:
No, I'm going to do video reviews on YouTube because I like to review stuff. If it happens to make it to this site, that is OK. But I am not doing it for the forum.

That's pretty damn sorry of you Robb considering you spend the majority of your day here.

I don't understand. You are not going to do any more reviews on this site...or you aren't going to review the 1012 on this site???

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but Sam stirred up some interest by saying he was going to send you a unit for review. Just seems like he wants to avoid bad publicity or something. Makes me a little leary on anything else coming down the pike from magnum.

This whole mess is just plain bizzare...

Just saying!

poor robb just can't win !!!
he got reamed a new one for his reviews he did here , and now he's getting complaints and called names because he's gonna post his reviews elsewhere .

Attachments

• dro1239l.jpg
    dro1239l.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 128

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.