• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rocketbox info thread !!! Made in the USA with a reasonable pricetag !

Would you like to build you own Rocketbox linear from a kit ??

• Total voters
From looking at the pics it appears he gets the guts of the amplifier already stamped out and assembled for him. He then mounts the board to a heat sink and attaches the power line and coax lines and it's done. I'll give him credit for trying to carve out a slice of the amplifier market but I would hardly consider him an amp builder like X-Force, Davemade, Fatboy and so on. I'm not impressed with the prices either. Mosfet finals are dirt cheap compared to the old 2290,2879, and 1446 finals. You would think his prices would reflect this.

Yeah I find Facebook an absolutely horrible part of my life but it actually a big part of my business and the band that I manage for my buddy .Am evil necessity for me it sucks !

But anyway sorry lol

the 2x4 Is $439 the straight 4 is only $359 I prefer to run my own 2 pill driver so that's how im going .

Brian

So your going to run a 2 pill amplifier into his 4 final mosfet amp? Seems like a whole lotta drive. Does anyone even know what finals those are? They kinda look like the old 7530's that used to be in the RFX-75 units.

Reactions: binrat and WINKDOGG
From looking at the pics it appears he gets the guts of the amplifier already stamped out and assembled for him. He then mounts the board to a heat sink and attaches the power line and coax lines and it's done. I'll give him credit for trying to carve out a slice of the amplifier market but I would hardly consider him an amp builder like X-Force, Davemade, Fatboy and so on. I'm not impressed with the prices either. Mosfet finals are dirt cheap compared to the old 2290,2879, and 1446 finals. You would think his prices would reflect this.

I'm 99% sure he designs the boards and outsources that part of the builds only . He has pics of the XL1000 board and its a blank slate just the traces he designed waiting for him to add components . I have been following 2 schools of RF amplification (and I'm just a hobbyist not a tech ) : LDMOS and MOSFET the former I cant afford and the latter I can fortunately so I'm always interested in seeing how far a technology can go ! I run tubes to shoot skip and pills to drive tubes lol but willing to give the mosfets a chance ! I don't think its the same type of amp building BBi (That guy on YouTube that rebuilds all of the X-Force boxes ;)) or Davemade does but you cant find a decent 6 pill for under a grand and I think a lot can be done with the FETs if your not looking for a key down or competition amp . Anything these days that's new for under a $1 usd per watt is worth a shot in my book but that's just me . I'm a lover not a fighter :) just heard about these amps a few days ago and decided to contact the guy to spread the word . Rocketbox will be joining the forums to show his stuff off but is having problems signing up or signing in, I have had trouble on numerous occasions where I couldn't login :mad:

I didn't make this post to sell amps or even brag about the quality as Ive never even touched one I just knew people wanted info so Im doing my best to provide help like many members have done for me :cool:

73's Back to shootin skip , 4-2-Zero in the Garden State tryin !! how bout it DX land ??

So your going to run a 2 pill amplifier into his 4 final mosfet amp? Seems like a whole lotta drive. Does anyone even know what finals those are? They kinda look like the old 7530's that used to be in the RFX-75 units.

That's my plan , let the 2950 or the 3300hp stay cool but have enough power to excite the Mosfets . I would prefer a straight 6 honestly but I think RM Italy is the only one offering a straight 6 FET right now and I have not had much luck with them . They make cool products but Im a bit of a loudmouth when shooting skip so I tend to overdrive them (with audio not wattage) and they also have some really cool circuit designs just not my thing .

Thx Brian

899 seems high for a FET box and without fans. I'm not a debbie downer and like the boxes but as already mentioned with the FET nature. wondering what realistic clean watts the 8, 9530s , would do and how they are on SSB and what it would look like on a spectrum analyzer

Last edited:
Reactions: WINKDOGG
899 seems high for a FET box and without fans. I'm not a debbie downer and like the boxes but as already mentioned with the FET nature. wondering what realistic clean watts the 8, 9530s , would do and how they are on SSB and what it would look like on a spectrum analyzer

Fans were the first thing on my mind Highway Man ! I happen to have a stack of brushless fans and am probably going to vent mine as well . where did you see $899.00 or did I misunderstand ? The only prices I know from the dude are 2x4 $439.00 straight 4 $359.00

Some more pics from Rocketbox . He still cant login if anybody knows the deal let me know. Admin, Ops, Interweb Gods why is it hard to log in sometimes lol

The first pic of the 2 FET board looks like a fun amp to build, Board spacing is nice and even I could get iron on that haha I like what I see so far, call me crazy but I'm ready to see what the FETS can really do and still remain safe and stable ;)

We shall see ! 73's Im on east coast time and its 3:43 ;(
029.JPG
030.JPG
031.JPG
032.JPG
033.JPG
034.JPG
035.JPG
036.JPG
037.JPG
038.JPG

I was just asking because you were talking about running a two pill into it...that sounds like a lot.

I’m not under the notion that you’re a salesman...
I read in one of the Facebook posts that the HD500 takes a 4w dead key and like 35w max input. The LD500 would be like 1 or 2 w dead key and like 12w max. Or something like that. I definitely would not run a two pill into it. I will ask him to post something on FB about it.

Reactions: 2NC995
my understanding, for whatever reason, I thought I read that the 2 x 8 was going to retail at 899.
If I'm mistaken dismiss my comment

i still think that the green box is cool

I might have been interested but there are a few components missing.
1) SSB delay switch. Automatic SSB delays don't work very well.
2) A combiner.
The combiner is used to balance and match the individual legs of the amps.
I wonder if it would take anything more than adding a capacitor for side band mode? It wouldn't hurt anything if it was used in AM mode I think.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.