• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rocketbox info thread !!! Made in the USA with a reasonable pricetag !

Would you like to build you own Rocketbox linear from a kit ??

• Total voters
The Palomar ERF9530 is what the Rocketbox website says is used. IDK for sure but Whatever they are they work quite well & have very low amperage draw. The amp pictured above has been through Hell & back for the past year & still works as well as the first time I hooked it up. The Sound Quality is much better than the bipolar two pill mrf455 amp it replaced.
If the sound quality on the bipolar amplifier was poor, it sure was not due to the MRF455 transistors it used. More than likly it was being overdriven because those transistors, have much more gain than the switch mode MOSFET's and require less drive power.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
If the sound quality on the bipolar amplifier was poor, it sure was not due to the MRF455 transistors it used. More than likly it was being overdriven because those transistors, have much more gain than the switch mode MOSFET's and require less drive power.
I never said the sound quality was "poor" on the Motorola mrf455 transistors.
I said the Mosfet amp sounded "Much better" Both amps were used with the same direct injected audio system so they were not being overdriven & had plenty of head room.

• Haha
Reactions: techradioman
I never said the sound quality was "poor" on the Motorola mrf455 transistors.
I said the Mosfet amp sounded "Much better" Both amps were used with the same direct injected audio system so they were not being overdriven & had plenty of head room.
Linear amplifiers do not alter the audio in any way, unless the amplifier is not running linear. The drive requirements for two MRF455's, is also going to be noticeably lower than any MOSFET likely to be used in the other two pill.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.