• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Roger beep

The roger beep first appeared in radios used for the Apollo spaceflight program. Power consumption had to be held to the absolute minimum, especially for space-suit radios. This dictated the use of sideband. With no carrier to clue the other party that he can now be heard, mission control needed a way to prevent keying on astronauts a quarter-million miles away. I remember it being called the "NASA beep" a very long time ago.

But not any time recently.

Don't know what everyone else calls them, but NASA calls them "quindar tones" and they're used to key and unkey ground station transmitters.

But don't take my word for it: https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/quindar.html

And the arsehole of the year award goes to......:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ya know why you never hear people insulting Dodge drivers? Because most of us were raised to not make fun of special needs people....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

FORD = FOUND ON THE ROAD DEAD.CHEVROLET = CHEAP HEAP EVERY VALVE RATTLES OIL LEAK EVERY TIME.That pretty much says it all. If you can't DODGE It RAM It. SWEET!

SIX-SHOOTER

Don't know what everyone else calls them, but NASA calls them "quindar tones" and they're used to key and unkey ground station transmitters.

But don't take my word for it: https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/quindar.html

NASA = Need Another Seven Astronauts.The Space Program is & always has been a Hole that taxpayers throw money into & they use Live People as test Dummies because Chimpanzees were to smart to Stop going.I remember those $500 hammers & other expensive tools they needed.

SIX-SHOOTER

The Browning squeal was made by accident. Then they came out for a fix for that defect. Some people insist that they must squeal. The truth shall set YOU free. hahahaha

The average CB Operator did not know how to fix it & sure did not not have enough money to pay someone to do it.That's funny though. Also I left mine alone because I don't Mod any CB Radios because I like them Bone Stock so a Browning was no exception. LOL More TRUTH for the uninformed world.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Slowmover
NASA = Need Another Seven Astronauts.The Space Program is & always has been a Hole that taxpayers throw money into & they use Live People as test Dummies because Chimpanzees were to smart to Stop going.I remember those $500 hammers & other expensive tools they needed.

SIX-SHOOTER

Those were not hammers. They were manually operated impact drivers. ;):ROFLMAO:

Those were not hammers. They were manually operated impact drivers. ;):ROFLMAO:

I have also owned Cordless Screwdrivers for as long as I can remember? I was wondering what all the fuss was about when I heard that NASA was using them & they were High Tech? I have never owned a screwdriver with a cord on it except a Screwdriver Antenna & all Three of those for sure had at least one cord. LOL

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.