• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Roger beep

I used to have a 959 and this sounds familiar. It's transmitting the beep but you can't hear it on the talkback?

C174 and D76, D77 and D78 also need to be checked...

The Beep runs thru the appropriate limiter to control the "burst" - if the ALC or AMC sense (or Q39 or Q60 for that matter) is gone or modified, Q39 can ENGAGE before the Beep is emitted when you switch from TX -back to- RX

C158 controls the DURATION length of the beep...

As far as BEEP only on AM? Er - no, it can work on SSB also.

D81 FORCES Q36 to disable (Mute) audio so if that Diode is shorted or if you're having issues with Talkback and audio - D75 if it seems ok, and Q36 isn't "toggling" like it should - people do strange things to try and make the Beep do things it shouldn't - check Q36 back to the Talkback circuit Q42, Talkback switch Q44 and Squelch Q43- even old caps can play games with you..

JMO ! If it's " Broke " ... " Don't Fix it " ! I have a nice Mic I use on SSB & finally got it to work on My 2k , Sadelta Cm-40 . I only put the Beep on if People ignore my Plea's to turn their's Off ! I found out that just pisses off my local friends whom are not found off " The Beep " either . :whistle: I understand there function , but if you have a good QSO going on .... No Need , they know when I un-key . Just my thoughts , too each , their own . :) Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated