1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Roger beep

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Robalo, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

The key up beep would identify kind of like the screaming eagle.

2. Road Squawker

Road Squawker Sr. Member

Those can be useful when dealing with linked repeater systems

3. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

Prime Minister’s 3 shot bang bang bang key up always gets a chuckle from me.

4. Staybolt

Staybolt Well-Known Member

Wow dude, calm down. It's all just a hobby. No wonder I got out of ham radio. You guys take things too serious.

groundwire likes this.
  5. Staybolt

Staybolt Well-Known Member

Oh I know! Some hate me because I run a set of Brownings. I tell them you dont like it turn down your radio or get lost!

groundwire likes this.
  6. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

REALLY?? YOU start shit by saying that "hams complain about everything LOL" and when I said only the assholes on the bands YOU take offence to it? Stay out of the ham bands with the childish actions and all is well. Has NOTHING to do with being a stuffed shirt or anything else. It is called maturity and responsibility. If someone came into your house and acted like a complete idiot and pissed on the carpet would you laugh it off or throw them out and tell them to never comeback again? Perhaps THEY were just stoned or hammered and were having fun. No harm right? It was just having a fun time. Probably a good thing you got out of amateur radio as it sounds like you are too immature to fit in anywhere else than the 11m band. My philosophy is and always will be. if you don't want to be called an asshole don't act like an asshole. Simple really. The problem is that most assholes do not realize that they are in fact an asshole. Just ask one and see if they admit too it.

SIX-SHOOTER likes this.
  7. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

None of this necessary.
    Ignore the trolls

8. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

The sound of the Browning Golden Eagle is a Status Symbol not an Idiot Beep that's just there because somebody wants to make noise on the band.Anybody can make noise but not everyone can have a Browning & I have owned every model they made & I found all of them overrated other than the MK IV & MK IVA & they were great AM CB's but like all of them that had SSB they SUCKED on SSB.

SIX-SHOOTER

Slowmover likes this.
  9. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

A status symbol? So that means it's not annoying. Doesn't make a bunch of noise on the band either? Haha.

Slowmover likes this.
  10. 144inBama

144inBama Electricity doesn't kill you, ignorance does.

This is kinda like a family reunion....everything is going smooth.....walk outside to grab a cold drink out of the cooler and when you come back in, 2 uncles, a few cousins and the dipshit nephew are all slinging blows....LOL

S&W357, Slowmover and Blackcat630 like this.
  11. 144inBama

Sadly I've reached the FUDD age where RB and noise toys don't entertain me like they used to.
    But.....
    I happen to know quite a few mature people on 11M....I may not be one....but I know some.

S&W357, Slowmover and Handy Andy like this.
  12. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

Me too in fact I used to be one of them MANY years ago. As time went on things went down hill and I moved on. Unfortunately about five or ten years after I moved on regulations changed so that anybody that could memorize the answers to a few questions could get their ticket and a whole bunch that I tried to get away from got their tickets and showed up on the local 2m repeater carrying on in their 11m ways with the 10 codes etc. They were amazed as everybody on the repeater was all S-9 or so. Dolts had no comprehension of a repeater versus direct comms. The straw that broke the camels back was the guy that asked how to wire up his D104 to his 2m radio. A lot of them are still around. Once in a while I sit back and listen to them spew garbage that they consider antenna and propagation facts. They don't know shit. After about ten minutes I turn the dial. Total idiots is what they are. Maybe I am jaded but if that is the case I have good reason. No respectable ham uses that repeater any more. It has been dubbed the 11m CB repeater.

13. 144inBama

I really can't say that I blame you....The problem has been and always will be the same on the air as it is in life in general....a general lack of respect for others sharing the space.

NZ8N and BJ radionut like this.
  14. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

This might be a good time to try and avoid the inevitable upcoming ham versus CBer crap. LOL

144inBama likes this.
  15. 144inBama

No different from the Ford vs Chevy...LOL

ForestRunner98 and Slowmover like this.