1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Mobile Roof Puck Mount

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by Slowmover, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

Hell.....that's all friend of mine uses. Just reworked some of his connections on battery leads for 97 Ford 250. Looks terrible. Refuses to go buy solder on clamps. Claims the amps unsolder them.
    Bull......just cheap. Should have snapped a pic of the 2 and 3 inch wood screws between those cheap batt clamps and terminals. :confused:

Slowmover likes this.

2. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

As always, well-said. And sincerely appreciated.

3. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

Yes, one hopes you will covertly take a snap. Funny, sure, but if it works, it’s part of that baling wire & duct-tape mystique of which Gen X is deathly afraid.

Proof that understanding is dangerous

The bastards destroyed the Boy Scouts wherein untold numbers of boys were introduced to theory & practice. Deliberate destruction, for this very reason. Act in concert with next to nothing, and get it done.

Well, there’s good enough to get it over the next muddy ridge versus running around from hereon when proper supplies are still available. As “get by” has consequences.

The Merit Badge was tackling both theory & practice often having to ask for help from an adult to whom one was not related or was outside of family friends, school & church.

No man an island (and all that).

Good luck finding a circa 1940 Boy Scout Handbook at your library. It was known then that war was coming, and American boys were needed to finish planetary conquest for their masters.

#78 Slowmover, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  4. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

Weathers been wrong since last post to do any work outside underneath pickup. The Pete got nearly all of that energy.

Have quite a lot of RF Bonds to install and will be doing just that the next few days.

5. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

D3BDB5C3-37B9-4617-87F9-9BCA75114CF0.jpeg

Spent yesterday making RF Bonds and some new 6-AWG 12V Grounds (white).

Some BJ RADIO-NUT, “buttons & bows”.

(undertaker, each is originally 17-separate pieces prior to assembly; no swearing, no cursing, just leaning back on the couch; only “work” was several passes of lugs thru hydraulic crimpers).

— 3/4” & 1/2” tinned woven-copper braid terminated to tinned lugs in several lengths.

— Cut at 8”, the 3/4” is 9.5” lug center to lug center. (Red).

— The top group is 3/4” cut at 6” with a 7.5” lug center. (No color).

— Next batch (12/ea) will be 3/4” cut at 4” (a 5.5” LC).

A great deal of braid + lugs left with which to make the custom-lengths I’ll skip past after any measurements on the first under-truck workday.

Mentally, I wasn’t up to a custom-cut locator chart done beforehand. I’ve been underneath and surveyed it fairly. Xtra-short per location got dropped as a goal.

— Fasteners, etc, taped into place on each.

My days of just throwing out a groundsheet plus tools & supplies are past. More to go, but this lengthy exercise will allow me to work while under pickup without stopping for supply. (Color denotes type).

— Measure, reach for appropriate length, brush, Dremel-ize, drill, and attach.

Am tired from almost a month on the road. This was a decent way to spend the first day home. (That’s the “joke” of buttons & bows . . time to take satisfaction and over-do it a little).

I expect to have pre-made left over. To go into supply box for the next vehicle.

#80 Slowmover, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    ForestRunner98 likes this.