• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ruger Wrangler

The S&W-357 Magnum

414085832.jpg

This one shipped from S&W in 1954 to Chicago Sports.
3 1/2" barrel 5-screw. In 1957 S&W started assigning model numbers to their handguns. From 1957 on these were called the Model 27. Longer barrels were available but the longer the barrel the less the current $ value.

412773386.jpg

Last edited:
Dan , Ralph has told me how to find my serial #'s on a few gun's I inherited . I did inherited & S&W Government/Police issue . I think mine is Circa 1970 ? I need to check it again . But Damn ! Look @ those grips ! Ralph your're killing me here !:LOL: Look @ the natural wear on that gun ! Sweet ! My problem is mine looks like it came out of the box , which I found cleaning out her Dad's home . Also I have the original receipt , need to check it you guy's would laugh @ the $ !

Reactions: S&W357 and 2NC995
View attachment 32954

Here’s an oddball that’s not likely to make the front page...an old “Benajamin Franklin” 22 caliber air rifle. My uncle found this in a garbage dump in the ‘60s, and made all the missing parts...including swiping a pair of my Grandmother’s suede gloves for the seals. It still works...and still whacks the snot out of a rabbit.

He also brought home an Edison phonograph and restored it, which remains in the family.

Wow. I had a couple of these in the 90's. But in .177.
Confiscated by our Government due the danger they posed to the public ...

Wow. I had a couple of these in the 90's. But in .177.
Confiscated by our Government due the danger they posed to the public ...

:( I suppose the public was spared much mental and physical agony by those two .177's being confiscated. Sorry about that happening in your country. (n)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.