• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Russian DX

novakor

Apr 5, 2005
Reno,Nevada
This was cool on Monday 3/27/06 at 6:15 pm pst on 20 meters i was listening to a station from Russia.His call is RW0CD his signal was 5/5,freq was 14.192 and 14.207. Sure wish i could have worked his station,maybe next time.

Now i need to look up location on map,thats always part of the fun :D Look up his call on QRZed and listen up for him around 6:00pm or so pst. Romeo Whisky (Zero) Charlie Delta

73,Stu

You want to know what is REALLY cool? Actually working UA9AB in CHELYABINSKOY,ASIATIC RUSSIA on 80m from the mobile.I just did that on my way home tonight after getting off work at midnight.The band was full of Russians at that time. :D

Well as I said it was midnight here when I got off work so that is 0400 UTC whatever that is your local time.I find there are alot of Russians on just below 3800.Europe is in ITU region 1 and 80m is only 3.500-3.800 MHz. and as a result there tend to be alot from 3750-3800 so they can work stateside without operating split but I believe it was 3670 that I worked him on.We can operate phone here on that freq. :D

Hey Stu did you find the place on a map yet? It is near the Chinese border at N48 25' 12" E135 7' 12" .I just realised that you are on the west coast so that should not have been a bad shot for you. My contact with UA9AB was from here on the east coast taking an northerly path to N 55 09' 00" E61 25' 48" at a distance of 4800 miles. BTW I love Google Earth. Ever try it?

QRN,
That's a good contact from the east coast. There are a lot of good operators in the Asiatic region.

It was 3 yrs ago, but I worked a station from my mobile into Bratsk on 11 meters... that's just north of the Mongolia border.

All I can say is don't let anyone tell you the Lakeview Hamsticks are crap. Yes,there are better antennas out there but 100 watts and an 80m Hamstick has yielded me many nice contacts into Europe and beyond while mobile.It still surprises me when I get called by the Europeans on it however. ;)

I made contacts with russia on 20 meter when the bands shuts down at night for everything else I point the beam to the north and its alive with russia, it is awesome to work them over the pole

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.