• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

S9 SSB Watering?!?

MADMAXS 455

Dec 2, 2005
Hey all I just got a s9 out of the box (mail order) and everything works great but for a little bit of watering on the side band from what people tell me.
I got an old Galaxy Saturn Which had the same problem but for the life of me I can't remember the can I tweeked to remedy this problem.
The reason I bring up this ol' saturn is 'cause it's got the same board in it. Some 11b thing I think they call it.
That's the problem with mail order ya can't go back to the store and say fix it right.
I figure it's in the VCO.
We got a devoted 35amp supply given her power so it's not the supply.
I didn't mind messin with the Saturn because it was a mess when I got it.
Thank's to CB Tricks we found out where to adjust things to get her back on line. It's been workin great for about 2yrs now.
It seems to me it's a tweekin issue with this S9.
Thanks for any advice MadMax The mud duck :bash

"Watering", or warbling, on SSB usually indicates some voltage fluctuation (poor regulation) in the VCO or reference oscillator stages. This definitely should be corrected by the people who sold it to you, or by the factory.

MADMAXS 455 said:
Hey all I just got a s9 out of the box (mail order) and everything works great but for a little bit of watering on the side band from what people tell me.
I got an old Galaxy Saturn Which had the same problem but for the life of me I can't remember the can I tweeked to remedy this problem.
The reason I bring up this ol' saturn is 'cause it's got the same board in it. Some 11b thing I think they call it.
That's the problem with mail order ya can't go back to the store and say fix it right.
I figure it's in the VCO.
We got a devoted 35amp supply given her power so it's not the supply.
I didn't mind messin with the Saturn because it was a mess when I got it.
Thank's to CB Tricks we found out where to adjust things to get her back on line. It's been workin great for about 2yrs now.
It seems to me it's a tweekin issue with this S9.
Thanks for any advice MadMax The mud duck :bash
Call the manufacturer they will fix it up for you no hassle. Sam lewis the owner is a easy guy to deal with and he is willing to help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1