• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sad News For Civil Rights

Thank God I did not get swept as far as you did out to sea.....the one I got caught in was narrow and I swam sideways out of it....still it took me out about 200yrds...and at 13yrs old that was life threatening....to this day I don't care to swim in the ocean.

Unfortunately an 18 yr old from my town was just taking a simple dip ( not even having gone swimming ) were part of 8 kids swept out to sea.. all but 2 were saved.. one body ( kid from my area ) was just found yesterday.. ( i have no clue if the kid was a good swimmer or not or if he was drinking or something.. Either way though.. Rip Tides can easily be Deadly !!

What would you do now if you got caught in a riptide like that?

No f##kin way am I ever swimming in the ocean again.

Another reason I don't swim in the ocean is I do not like the weird freaky things with the big eyes that come up from the deep and look at you like your food. :eek:

I hear you there.. I was Snorkeling off of nassau ( in the Bahamas )
Not too far off shore.. I was about 40 ft under the surface.. When suddenly a fish about 5 long 6 inches thick and maybe 8 inches tall (in its mid body ).. It had 1.5 inch long teeth (many many of them..lol )... i knew it was a Barracuda but didnt think too much about it even though it was 2 inches in front of my face ( staring me down )... i was a bit nervous but thought they always hunted in schools...So i teek my under water camera and snapped a pic of it ( the flash sent it off in a rush )

Fast forward a few years..
Showed the pic to a friend who was a avid fisherman who pointed out the lite brown lines under its body.. explaining ( since i mentioned how they seemed to be changing as i was with it those yrs ago ) & he said i had been lucky, for those lines like that meant the barracuda was about to attack me ( lol.. guess in the ocean we are far from top of food chain )..

Then a couple yrs after that.. i saw a show that there are different sub species of barracuda, some of which are more loners and do not hunt in schools..

So them Oceans are at times quite Dangerous to us bi peds .. lol

I rarely swm in it these days ( i Wonder why.. lol )

Least i Lived to tell the tails !!

Unfortunately an 18 yr old from my town was just taking a simple dip ( not even having gone swimming ) were part of 8 kids swept out to sea.. all but 2 were saved.. one body ( kid from my area ) was just found yesterday.. ( i have no clue if the kid was a good swimmer or not or if he was drinking or something.. Either way though.. Rip Tides can easily be Deadly !!

That is a tragedy....what a horrible way to die....we both had a little taste of what took their lives.....that is why I am a land lubber.

Dude, I <3 the ocean. The animal's that come from it are delicious. I have learned you don't underestimate mother sea. Iv had a chance to swim from a rip tied last summer it was easy to get out of. Also try scooba diving its beautiful!!!
Sea otters love to play with u when ur lobster hunting and dolphins sharks all of it is just amazing.

I get my seafood out of a can....and you can have the ocean and all its dangers.....I'm a land lubber

I hear you there.. I was Snorkeling off of nassau ( in the Bahamas )
Not too far off shore.. I was about 40 ft under the surface.. When suddenly a fish about 5 long 6 inches thick and maybe 8 inches tall (in its mid body ).. It had 1.5 inch long teeth (many many of them..lol )... i knew it was a Barracuda but didnt think too much about it even though it was 2 inches in front of my face ( staring me down )... i was a bit nervous but thought they always hunted in schools...So i teek my under water camera and snapped a pic of it ( the flash sent it off in a rush )

Fast forward a few years..
Showed the pic to a friend who was a avid fisherman who pointed out the lite brown lines under its body.. explaining ( since i mentioned how they seemed to be changing as i was with it those yrs ago ) & he said i had been lucky, for those lines like that meant the barracuda was about to attack me ( lol.. guess in the ocean we are far from top of food chain )..

Then a couple yrs after that.. i saw a show that there are different sub species of barracuda, some of which are more loners and do not hunt in schools..

So them Oceans are at times quite Dangerous to us bi peds .. lol

I rarely swm in it these days ( i Wonder why.. lol )

Least i Lived to tell the tails !!

I think those cuda's must be the most aggressive fish in the ocean....they jump into boats and attack people.

I get my seafood out of a can.

That is NOT real seafood. REAL seafood is still moving when it's dropped into the pot and tries to crawl back out. :D

...and you can have the ocean and all its dangers.....I'm a land lubber

What a wuss. :love: There is nothing like a day at the beach or out on the water fishing. Just don't fall in up here. The water is cold as hell just off the beaches.

That is NOT real seafood. REAL seafood is still moving when it's dropped into the pot and tries to crawl back out. :D

What a wuss. :love: There is nothing like a day at the beach or out on the water fishing. Just don't fall in up here. The water is cold as hell just off the beaches.

I am not much for seafood.....stuff all looks like bugs n snakes to me....beef steak baked tater n a salad and I am in hog heaven. :)

If you ever get caught in a riptide and swept out to sea...so people on shore look like ants...and things keep bumping into you....you might feel differently.

I do like batter dipped deep fried white fish with slaw and fries. :)

No real seafood is when your underwater and u eat the lobster live, or fish, urchan or whatever.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I like the After the Storm "Bucket of Boat Trash":
Flash fried Shrimp, Mahi-mahi Fish w/Cajun Spices, steamed Canadian Lobster Claw all Served in a bucket with fries & Slaw, a side of crab stuffed shrimp and another bucket of Ice cold corona`s.

Jeff

Last edited:
Flash fried Shrimp, Mahi-mahi Fish w/Cajun Spices, steamed Canadian Lobster Claw all Served in a bucket with fries & Slaw, a side of crab stuffed shrimp and another bucket of Ice cold corona`s.73 Jeff

I'd be happy with the ice cold Corona.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flash fried Shrimp, Mahi-mahi Fish w/Cajun Spices, steamed Canadian Lobster Claw all Served in a bucket with fries & Slaw, a side of crab stuffed shrimp and another bucket of Ice cold corona`s.

Jeff

That sounds like some awesome grub

Last edited by a moderator:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.