• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sams PhotoFacts Collection

Hello Dan :

I have a request for you whenever you get the chance and time

I need all the info for a General Electric 3-5819A listed in the Sams Volume CB-156

Thank you for your help and dedication

Andy/Tecnicoloco
Here is the info you need, sorry got interrupted.... Dan

Attachments

• General Electric #-5819A_split_1.pdf
    12.9 MB · Views: 9
  • General Electric #-5819A_split_2.pdf
    8.7 MB · Views: 6
Dan, I wonder if I could call on you for a slightly DIFFERENT kind of favor????

I am reading 399's great paper on various uPD858 radios and how to care for them.

In one section... he mentions the biasing of the finals in ORIGINAL President and Cobra radios as using a 70 mA bias circuit and claims that they LATER issued change notices to lower the bias to 15 mA.

He says that the CHANGES are documented in the SAMS CB-135 manual.

If you will... please read over this text I am pasting in.....At the bottom it tells you what pages of CB-135 document these mods.

Could you possibly "put eyes" on that SAMS paper copy and let me know if you see what he is talking about? I would absolutely appreciate it!!!!

Thanks,
Bob

"
Uniden responded by redesigning the driver/final circuit for less output potential, and specified a new final bias
setting of 15ma. They issued field service bulletins 1208 and 1208A which specified the necessary circuit changes, and sent the bulletins to their authorized service centers. The Sams for the Cobras and the President Grant and Washington were published before the service bulletin, and show the original circuitry and the 70 ma final bias
spec. On the other hand, the Sams for the Realistics, Robyns, Teaberrys, Pres. Adams and Madison (as well as the
Realistic service manuals) were published after the service bulletin and show the revised circuit and the new 15 ma bias spec.

BTW, the service bulletins are shown on page 5 of Sams #135."

Dan, I wonder if I could call on you for a slightly DIFFERENT kind of favor????

I am reading 399's great paper on various uPD858 radios and how to care for them.

In one section... he mentions the biasing of the finals in ORIGINAL President and Cobra radios as using a 70 mA bias circuit and claims that they LATER issued change notices to lower the bias to 15 mA.

He says that the CHANGES are documented in the SAMS CB-135 manual.

If you will... please read over this text I am pasting in.....At the bottom it tells you what pages of CB-135 document these mods.

Could you possibly "put eyes" on that SAMS paper copy and let me know if you see what he is talking about? I would absolutely appreciate it!!!!

Thanks,
Bob

"
Uniden responded by redesigning the driver/final circuit for less output potential, and specified a new final bias
setting of 15ma. They issued field service bulletins 1208 and 1208A which specified the necessary circuit changes, and sent the bulletins to their authorized service centers. The Sams for the Cobras and the President Grant and Washington were published before the service bulletin, and show the original circuitry and the 70 ma final bias
spec. On the other hand, the Sams for the Realistics, Robyns, Teaberrys, Pres. Adams and Madison (as well as the
Realistic service manuals) were published after the service bulletin and show the revised circuit and the new 15 ma bias spec.

BTW, the service bulletins are shown on page 5 of Sams #135."
He y Bob... not sure what you want....are you wanting a copy of the service bulletin? dAN

He y Bob... not sure what you want....are you wanting a copy of the service bulletin? dAN
I am really not sure Dan.......

I have never seen anything like this..... production changes listed in a SAMS.....

are they actually ON the pages like he says?????

If so...... are they something you can copy??????/

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

I am really not sure Dan.......

I have never seen anything like this..... production changes listed in a SAMS.....

are they actually ON the pages like he says?????

If so...... are they something you can copy??????/

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Yes the service bulletin is on page 5 of cb-235...will scan and attach here.. Dan

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.