• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Saw this...

w9 , I check this site often since you told me about it a few years back . That " untested " thing always gets me . But then again .... buying off Ebay could turn out the same .;) Nice looking setup though !

Reactions: Rwb
Seems all radio stuff on ebay these days is either "Untested" or "For Parts Only." I realize sellers have to protect themselves from parts swappers, but "No Returns" does that.

And the few that do say they have tested the item usually have no coax showing in the pics. (n) Makes you wonder how long they had the mic keyed with no antenna before reaching the conclusion, "Transmits great." o_O

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
Seems all radio stuff on ebay these days is either "Untested" or "For Parts Only." I realize sellers have to protect themselves from parts swappers, but "No Returns" does that.

And the few that do say they have tested the item usually have no coax showing in the pics. (n) Makes you wonder how long they had the mic keyed with no antenna before reaching the conclusion, "Transmits great." o_O
Generally GW does not test anything. The website is really just thier "High End" dumping ground, stuff that is too good to display in the stores.

I sell my stuff on Ebay as used, not parts only. I am also not afraid to take returns. I simply take pictures of things I think people might screw me around with ahead of time, even beyond what is in the listing, and then if someone tries to screw with me, I can go to Ebay and they will reimburse me, although it can take a month. The problem is, the person that stole the stuff in the first place doesn't end up being the one that pays me back. I don't like that part about it.

If it works I list it as used. If it says parts/as is I'm not kidding. I sold a non working amp for a mint condition used amp price on ebay. It was listed for parts and I stated that I tested it and it had no output. Someone didn't believe me. Luckily I never heard any complaints or got any feedback.

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
Th

at is a major concern i have

I don't know how many times I've seen a photo of a radio with the "On the Air" or modulation light burning brightly and the only thing coming out of the back of the rig is the electric cord. :confused:
yes sir.i bought 2 radios but both were after i asked and both claimed they were their own radios and were using them.both turned out to be fine.but im leary like you transmit lite on only power lines and mic is visable

w9 , I haven't purchased any electronics from GW but my wife was buying Sterling Silver Jewelry from them for a while and cleaning/fixing it and selling it on Ebay for a good profit . As far as radios my neighbor bought a mint Cobra 29 and before he showed it to me he had already plug it in and was shouting for truckers on Ch 19 w/ no antenna ! Hence I have a " Looks Mint " 29 in my shack with blown finals ! Just as well people like that have no business owning a radio .:LOL:

Insane bidding prices on there for some of that stuff. Better off to spend the money on gas and hit garage sales. Used CB's are becoming hard to find though, I miss the early 2000's when I'd hit a garage sale every weekend and find deals - my favorite was a NIB Uniden Washington for $50 :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated