• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Saw this...

Seems all radio stuff on ebay these days is either "Untested" or "For Parts Only." I realize sellers have to protect themselves from parts swappers, but "No Returns" does that.

And the few that do say they have tested the item usually have no coax showing in the pics. (n) Makes you wonder how long they had the mic keyed with no antenna before reaching the conclusion, "Transmits great." o_O

They do that to try and eliminate returns. It doesn't always work, though. You'd be surprised how many eBay return cases I have won. eBay knows bullshitter seller techniques.

They do that to try and eliminate returns. It doesn't always work, though. You'd be surprised how many eBay return cases I have won. eBay knows bullshitter seller techniques.
yes they have a line of bs.got at an estate sale,powers on and cant get it to tx no farther testing(fuses blew so i shut it off) parts only but tested

Reactions: 357magnum
Oh yes theirs are even better than new because (they got em) they are probably making 75%from that estate sale nobody knows about

Reactions: 357magnum
I send 1 fleabay opps ebay radio sellers a pm.asked did you key the mic with no antenna? And how long keyed?
The response PRICELESS couple minutes,WHY?
I sent a message back saying older radio you probably all but killed the finals.was interested in it till i seen the red tx lite on n no coax.
His reply oh

Rwb a guy I know goes to a lot of estate sales and he will buy several radios in a box at one time. he may pay 10.00 to 15.00 for it and when he starts looking at what he bought he will have over a thousand dollars worth of radios. cb and ham radios will be in the box.
some boxes he gets will be old 23 channel junk radios and some he gets a lot for his money.

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
Well dummies hooked to dummie load.
Yes id say 10 bucks apiece get 10 n put em 0n fleabay 50 bucks plus shipping then bidders drive em to 100 bucks... And some have pricy shipping prices too

Also i wonder how many bid on their own junk? See a decent radio n bid 5 bucks automaticly out bid and try again outbid.id say they set a bid to get what it will bring then hope 2 get 9n bid war

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.