• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

scare tactic ?

You CAN also just transmit right over the TOP of them using the appropriate mode.:whistle: It will create havoc with the interlopers---especially if they are trying to use AM and you send out some Pactor. Nope, they DO NOT get "protection" from interference because they are not licensed and, as such, are not even supposed to BE there to START with. This has been amply addressed by FCC when some hams disagreed with the rules that made it seem as licensed hams would have to stand by on a frequency simply because there was some unlicensed station on the frequency. The rule as written applies to LEGAL vs LEGAL station creating "deliberate" interference to EACH other, NOT to a perfectly legal station versus one who has no business there to start with!

CWM

I had some trucker tell me once that as long he was on his "channel" I was not going to be able to talk to anyone. I educated him in a hurry. LOL
Rich

I had radios that talked out of band but never talk out of the 11 meters slot, didnt need to because the band is dead I been here for 25+ years, I ran a little power in the past but the new lady with the $10,000+ nals will make you think, its up to you if you what to take the chance.

peace my friends.

Heh, don't forget, it's illegal to even acknowledge a station without an ID. Even "go away" is breaking the law.

Although true, I listened to two old hams talking on a repeater this morning. Neither one ever gave a call sign. It was at least a 20 minute drive. Is it my repeater? no. I don't even belong to that club. Did they violate the law? yes. Will they get in trouble? probably not. Does it bother me? no.

Although true, I listened to two old hams talking on a repeater this morning. Neither one ever gave a call sign. It was at least a 20 minute drive. Is it my repeater? no. I don't even belong to that club. Did they violate the law? yes. Will they get in trouble? probably not. Does it bother me? no.

Its a common ham good ol' boys behavior because they recognize each others voice.
Familiar voice = ID.

I had some trucker tell me once that as long he was on his "channel" I was not going to be able to talk to anyone. I educated him in a hurry. LOL
Rich

We sent out some Packet on 28.085 to see if anyone was around and a couple of truckers just started raising you-know-what because they couldn't communicate. They kept talking (or trying to) about that *&^%$#@ "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-up, tweeeeeeeeedle, tweeeeeeeeedle, tweeeeeedle" that they couldn't get OVER the top of. :LOL: Last I heard they were taking it back to the REAL channel 19!. :laugh:

PO'ed pretty bad about their "comp'ny" channel!! I'd LOVE to help 'em get one of thise little "$10,000 'love notes'!!!!!!! LMAO!!

GF

We sent out some Packet on 28.085 to see if anyone was around and a couple of truckers just started raising you-know-what because they couldn't communicate. They kept talking (or trying to) about that *&^%$#@ "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-up, tweeeeeeeeedle, tweeeeeeeeedle, tweeeeeedle" that they couldn't get OVER the top of. :LOL: Last I heard they were taking it back to the REAL channel 19!. :laugh:

PO'ed pretty bad about their "comp'ny" channel!! I'd LOVE to help 'em get one of thise little "$10,000 'love notes'!!!!!!! LMAO!!

GF

A few of us who were on 10 meters a lot when the last cycle was giving good propagation used to make it a point to start a 10 meter CW qso right on top of the interlopers, as we called them. They would start screaming that we were interfering with them and they "had the channel first." Eventually, they would get tired of the CW and move away from the ham band.

I can tell you that the Hams in/around the South Bay Area/Santa Clara Valley CA go out of their way to find anyone messing with the 2 meter repeater. One math prof and an electrical engineer have put together a phased/delay antenna system on a vehicle to be able to locate any illegal interloper. It works - too.

That wouldn't be the 5.330 now would it?
icon12.gif

Bottom line is you can do alittle freebanding just above 40 or just below 1 and be fine. Once you venture into the actual ham frequencys your just asking for trouble. It's not worth the trouble if you do get caught.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.