• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

scrambled topics corrected

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I figured out what was wrong with all the topics that had posts scrambled. There were over 5100 posts that converted with invalid post date/times which was causing the problem. I was able to write some script to assign valid date/times to them within the proper post sequence which looks like it reordered them properly. There may be one or two wierd ones remaining (If the messed up post was the first one in the thread, it may still look wierd), but I think 99% of them are corrected now.

Moleculo

Still lookin' like a few thousand posts have gone to the great, big bit-bucket in the sky.

Finally figured out the significance of Dec 31, 1969.

Unix standard time/date is (used to be?) a big 32-bit integer, equal to the number of system "jiffies" (one sixtieth of a second, maybe?) since midnight Jan 1, 1970.

Makes it sound as if the server software takes an invalid (or all zeroes?) date field as the day before the beginning of (Unix) time.

Seems pretty clear the EZBoards used a totally different date/time data format. Bummer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.