• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sears RoadTalker 40 SSB Mobile

I think D51 is the one you want to clip of you want to cut the modulation wide open.
If you sent one to DTB with the amc circuit disabled he'll put it back stick stock and charge you for it.
Well I took my Uniden out of my truck and put the Sears in it. I wish they still made this radio! Or put SSB into my Uniden PC78ltw!!!!!!!!

Im slipping behind on the pictures, that's my fault.. I just drove back to Louisiana from Ga. and talked to a few local guys in Alabama on 38 LSB before skip started rolling in like thunder.

However.. yesterday afternoon I made a few contacts with the Sears at the house with my OLD dipole attenna (grand dad made it) that is still setup in the attic. California, two guys in Michigan and Illinois. Great little radio! I need to send it to DTB and have him look it over and possible align it.

Now that I'm back in my apartment I'm going to build a dipole like my grand dads and see if I can make that work for the time being. I really don't think I'm going to get out being that it will be inside my 1st level apartment................
I think D51 is the one you want to clip of you want to cut the modulation wide open. However,
If you sent it to DTB with the amc circuit disabled he'll put it back stock and charge you for it I think

I think D51 is the one you want to clip of you want to cut the modulation wide open.
If you sent one to DTB with the amc circuit disabled he'll put it back stick stock and charge you for it.

I think D51 is the one you want to clip of you want to cut the modulation wide open. However,
If you sent it to DTB with the amc circuit disabled he'll put it back stock and charge you for it I think

I'm not clipping anything. I'll have some one mod this for me.

I guess Mr. Exit is being 'grumpy'. He never retuned my PM. Haha
I'm looking for a schematics for the road talking slant face 40-channel sideband radio I need to know the diagram for the driver in the final location on the board cuz I think somebody has messed around with it and mixed the chips up and I don't think they're in the right order and looking at q705 I put in a c1226 but then I had a c 1307 being driven by a c 1306 it ended up blowing out the 1307 because I think it overheated because I use a plastic screw on the heat sink but I'm not sure if that's the reason why but then I was looking at the q705 circuit traces and it looks like it's supposed to be a diode chip from what I can tell because the emitter and in base is shorted by the circuit Trace and with this rate of the way it was The collector went to a terminal where there was a junction for a screw that was actually grounded out to the aluminum housing that was there but I don't think that was right because there's also capacitor that goes across it nonpolarized ceramic disc cap223 but when I looked as I noticed there was a terminal in between the capacitor that was a ground terminal right next to the screw hole and if that was a ground the screw hole terminal around that screw, it would be connected to that other grounding tab and it was not I don't see why those two terminals would be separated and I've looked at cvtricks.com and the radios that they've listed on these other talk sites do not match up with this board whatsoever you can help please help thank you.

road talking slant face 40-channel sideband radio
How about the model number from the plate on the rear panel?

Might have the info, might not.

No other way to tell, but to use that number to look it up.

Good chance the plastic screw melted because the final transistor's base circuit made it overheat. The bias trimpot, diode and other parts in line with them can be damaged when a final fails. If so, they can cause the new final to draw excess current and overheat.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.