• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shame on you Google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today instead of Easter, Google pays homage to Cesar Chavez.

I removed them as my search engine.

Only people who believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ can celebrate Easter in its full meaning. If Easter falls on the same day as Cezar Chavez day, then godless leftist communists like team google can certainly celebrate that can't they? What else can one expect?

Besides, how many extra hits do you think Google got from this? I'm certain the decision to "honor" Cesar Chavez had nothing to do with anything other than being provocative.

I think Google is teaching me the wrong things. Seems that Halloween is more important than Easter to them. Very poor showing on their behalf.

Has anyone else noticed the world has routed a different path than the teachings of the lord ?

Now that 95% of society use the internet for answers and google has chosen the path of evil its just a matter of time.

That's my opinion.

Now that 95% of society use the internet for answers and google has chosen the path of evil its just a matter of time.

That's my opinion.

My God some people put far too much time into concocting wild conspiracy theories. Sure, Google is evil because they pick and choose at will what the Google doodle will be. Google is WORLDWIDE so just be glad you don't start seeing doodles of Kim from North Korea or celebrating the Chinese revolution. Just because Easter is important to YOU does in no way mean that everyone observes it. First people cry about tbeir right to freedom of religion and then they cry when someone/something expresses THEIR freedom of the same tbing. Hello pot. Meet kettle.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, I see your point but Halloween is not an international holiday either and Google sees fit to pay it honor. My point is Google uses this space to note important things relating to the date. I think if we took a poll Google would find far less people cared about Caesar Chavez over Easter........Just saying.

I also have to imagine that Google's home page must be geographically orientated. Meaning that what they post for North America is probably not the same page seen in the Far East.

It is geographically oriented. That's why it is in standard english and not cryllic or mandarin. Then again it is like tbat because Google chooses that it is. My point was just that I find it ironic that people will stand up for THEIR rights while condemnong others that do the same. I suppose somewhere someone at Google is sitting in a cubicle with a HUGE list of historic events and trying to decide what to commemorate on any given day. With only 365 days and thoussnds of historic events (as opposed to religious events) some things are goong to ne dropped. BTW I didn't see but wasn't there something about easter on Friday? Friday is the actual holiday and not Sunday.

"While one could argue that Google is being sensitive to those who don’t celebrate the Christian holidays Easter and Christmas — even in the Easter bunny/Santa Claus secularized sense — this is also the same company that has honored Day of the Dead with a doodle every year since 2008.

And while Day of the Dead is an important Mexican national holiday that celebrates the dead, there is absolutely no good argument for why it deserves more acknowledgement than the two holidays that celebrate the life of Jesus Christ."

be careful making threads about religion here , you may get banned .......

http://www.worldwidedx.com/announcements-open-forum/152107-ignorance-work.html

i was .... and then i was flamed by a admin here and accused of despising folks here along with the flaming , all post supporting the thread were deleted and only those supporting the view of the admin was left ......

just saying .................

I LOVE GOOGLE !!!! their browser rocks and i haven't t found a better search engine for my needs . i really really hope they release their chrome OS on disk or download !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sure would be nice if there was absolutely zero postings or references to any religion of any kind.

There are specific forums where one can hoot, holler, roll and stomp all they want.

My posting is not an attempt to inflame or rile anyone. Just nobody got time for dat stuff. It always leads to some sermon being posted, mostly from hypocrites.

Just my reflection on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.