• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shutdown affecting licensing

Is this your opinion, or is this what the fcc stated about the shutdown? Obviously they didn't address every scenario in their notice, but the general tone of it was "business as usual". I'd be willing to bet the arrl actually contacted the fcc on these issues?

It is and always has been FCC policy. you can not legally operate on an expired license.(the only exception are certain licenses that are "offlined for future review").

thats WHY the license has an expiration date;).

The arrl has a history of putting out data that is not factual. If the FCC was closed down, who did the arrl "talk" to?

Reactions: 357magnum
It is and always has been FCC policy. you can not legally operate on an expired license.(the only exception are certain licenses that are "offlined for future review").

The arrl has a history of putting out data that is not factual. If the FCC was closed down, who did the arrl "talk" to?
If the deadline for renewing your license was pushed back to the day after the fcc reopened, is that not effectively extending the expiration date also? It has always been their policy, but their entire policy changed due to the shutdown.

I can imagine the fcc's give a damn rating of ham radio at the time, top priority I'm sure.

Licensure, being a matter of law, would have provision in its statutes.

That said, denial of renewal, prosecution for TX, etc, is unlikely. Further, the agency incapacity is — in itself — not permissible for denying otherwise legal activities earlier defined (granted).

These are “good faith” questions.

I have enjoyed listening to round table discussions on 75m and have heard that there will sometimes be someone who is verifying the call signs as people check in. When it is found that they are talking to a phony ham, they are required to stop communicating to that person so how would they handle this when the person couldn't renew and is in limbo?

I have enjoyed listening to round table discussions on 75m and have heard that there will sometimes be someone who is verifying the call signs as people check in. When it is found that they are talking to a phony ham, they are required to stop communicating to that person so how would they handle this when the person couldn't renew and is in limbo?
People elected a bartender to the house. I give up guessing what people will do about anything.

As above. “Limbo” isn’t something can be strictly defined. Operating in good faith is the standard. Any type licensure.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated