• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shutdown affecting licensing

As usual, the arrl isputting out incorrect info:
"If an Amateur Radio license recently has expired or is about to expire, the licensee can apply for license renewal via the ULS and continue to operate while the FCC is closed. "

Wrong, an expired licence is just that... expired

Reactions: 357magnum
Is this your opinion, or is this what the fcc stated about the shutdown? Obviously they didn't address every scenario in their notice, but the general tone of it was "business as usual". I'd be willing to bet the arrl actually contacted the fcc on these issues?

Shade , just bought a Sig last week w/my CCW in RI , walked in , paid , walked out . Did the same before Christmas for my Wife's P-238 . Np's I also know now what he's talking about w/ form 4 . Yup big problems !

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
As usual, the arrl isputting out incorrect info:
"If an Amateur Radio license recently has expired or is about to expire, the licensee can apply for license renewal via the ULS and continue to operate while the FCC is closed. "

Unless the FCC is collecting a fee for renewal, this probably worked just fine.

I just tried to apply for a GMRS license during the shutdown and their site took all my info and everything, except it bombed out at the payment part. If there was no payment required, ULS probably would have just processed it.

Also let's be realistic, nobody is going to get whacked with a NAL for that, not now, not
ever.... particularly not under those circumstances. OH NOES your ham ticket expired by 2 days!!! the radio kopsch are gonna get ya!!!! rofl....

That would be nice if I could show a card and carry it out. I get delayed nearly every purchase and have to wait the 3 days.

Do you have a UPIN? Fun thing is some of my friends with UPINs still get the friggan delay, but at least it seems to shorten the delay.

Do you have a UPIN? Fun thing is some of my friends with UPINs still get the friggan delay, but at least it seems to shorten the delay.
I do not. It isn't that big of deal since I rarely buy guns anymore. The last gun I bought sat for a year before I shot it. A 3 day wait really isn't that big of deal, just annoying at times.

atf-should-be-a-convenience-store-patch-6-500x500-10011.jpg

Attachments

• atf-should-be-a-convenience-store-patch-6-500x500-10011.jpg
    atf-should-be-a-convenience-store-patch-6-500x500-10011.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 118
Shade , just bought a Sig last week w/my CCW in RI , walked in , paid , walked out . Did the same before Christmas for my Wife's P-238 . Np's I also know now what he's talking about w/ form 4 . Yup big problems !
What Sig did you get? I picked up a 365 last summer. I still like my 938 better.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.