• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sirio mobile ntennas

the differences would be powerlevels and bandwidth. the turbo is a higher power verson of the performer 5000, and the hp4000 is lower power, but a slightly wider bandwidth..

the whip length of the p 5000 and the turbo is 78.5" and the hp 4000 is slightly longer. don't have one in front of me to give an exact measurement......i never owned a z-180, perhaps someone could chime in on that one. hope this helps

dug out my z180 it measures 76 inches from tip of the whip to bottom of coil.

that would depend on what you output swr is between the amplifier and antenna. i thought of that too, but with an amplifier the swr ended up being to high for my taste. so i got a replacement whip and tuned it for ten meter.

Reactions: 1 person
that would depend on what you output swr is between the amplifier and antenna. i thought of that too, but with an amplifier the swr ended up being to high for my taste. so i got a replacement whip and tuned it for ten meter.

I'm just alittle driven for the best match I can get when it comes to mobile antennas. For HF stuff, antenna tuner is GTG.

im not a fan of antenna tuners, unless its a wire antenna. my sirio was at/around
1.7 on 10 meters but i didnt try to balance the match as im not licensed to talk
up there. i just bottomed out the whip and check my match on my mfj259
and its USABLE on ten but some may want it a little lower

how big around is the sirio mag 145? i need a new mount so i can use my sirio
again my wilson gave out on me.but on my van i got the ribs running along
the roof and my wilson mount fit inbetween them with not much room left over
maybe 1/2 inch or less.if the sirio mag is too big i can settle for the wilson
i used it 3 years with my z180

how big around is the sirio mag 145? i need a new mount so i can use my sirio
again my wilson gave out on me.but on my van i got the ribs running along
the roof and my wilson mount fit inbetween them with not much room left over
maybe 1/2 inch or less.if the sirio mag is too big i can settle for the wilson
i used it 3 years with my z180

the sirio mag is 160mm or nearly 6.5" not sure what kind of vehicle you have, but i have one that has those ribs too and it fits with about 1/4" on either side.

im not a fan of antenna tuners, unless its a wire antenna. my sirio was at/around
1.7 on 10 meters but i didnt try to balance the match as im not licensed to talk
up there. i just bottomed out the whip and check my match on my mfj259
and its USABLE on ten but some may want it a little lower

it can be adjusted lower, but the whip has to be trimmed to do it.

the sirio mag is 160mm or nearly 6.5" not sure what kind of vehicle you have, but i have one that has those ribs too and it fits with about 1/4" on either side.

i have a dodge caravan . the way the ribs are arranged is neat . cause i can
place a antenna in the center of roof 'inbetwween ' the ribs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.