• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio SY27-4 Beam Install

I purchased a new 4 element sirio. I notice the factory lengths of all elements uncut are set for 26.500 mhz.
I don't want to have to cut the ends of each element. The manual gives a cutting chart for 27 mhz, 27.500 mhz, and various 10 meter frequencies.View attachment 26345 View attachment 26346 View attachment 26347 View attachment 26345 View attachment 26346 View attachment 26347
I was wanting to use this for the CB channels and possibly up to 27.555.
Will post pictures of new manual. The one on Google was pre tunned for 27.200 mhz. Totally different than mine.
I'm going to build it and not cut anything and see what happens,
then go from there.
No post is ever old :) Today I put the new Sirio 4 element up and used the exact measurements in this post. 1.2 across the entire 11 meter band. Thanks again to everyone that posts.
Ocean One Cape hatteras sirio 4 element.jpg

Did you get this in and hows it looking if you got it up?

Looking at this same 4 element for that NC project.
Not up yet, still getting stuff together. Just ordered some coax for it from Jefa Tech. Supposed to go look at a Tail Twister rotor this weekend. Still have to get the tower up too.

I am tempted to put it together and lay it on the wood pile out back just to see what it does. Haha!

Rt , I guess better safe than sorry ? ;) I have a CDE Rotor , but it doesn't have the Brake , just & oversize TV rotor . It's brand new & I haven't put my 27-4 up yet . We know the antenna doesn't weigh much , but after chatting w/ a few Op's it's the wind that has me re-thinking of using it . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless . Leo

I have not put it up yet. Thinking about putting it in place of the TV antenna that we no longer use. It's on a pole going up the side of the house. The house has a steel roof. How close to the roof can it be for good operation? I can't make it a wavelength, thinking maybe 10 feet would be ok? Anyone have any ideas about this?

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.