• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Size Matters - An A99 question......

414299837.jpg

No SWR Problems with my A99.

Looks good. Of course mine may be one of those oddball badly made ones. I've had it like 2 years. Never been perfect.

I was just saying what I had to do with mine. The op may get lucky with a good one.

Reactions: S&W357
My A99 is mounted with the original U-bolts that came with the antenna. I don't remember what diameter the mast is without measuring it. It has just been up for about a year now and has been problem free...thus far. o_O Seems to work just fine for what it is.

Reactions: undertaker
Portions of my mast are painted. Maybe that's another thing I should look at.

Not a clean connection between the U-Clamp or the mast sections. All sections are screwed together but where the antenna mounts to the mast is painted.

Cb , mine are painted also , no screws just clamps . I have NP's but it's grounded well .W/out looking back is antenna isolated from mast ? Mine is Not ! But I have Np's , might want to try that .

Reactions: S&W357
Cb , mine are painted also , no screws just clamps . I have NP's but it's grounded well .W/out looking back is antenna isolated from mast ? Mine is Not ! But I have Np's , might want to try that .

What's a NP?

My is not isolated, just u-bolt to mast. At bottom of mast is my ground and rod.

I'll run as is I have super stupid schedule as ex just abandoned my mobile home in PA and now my bills just shot thru roof by extra $400/month

Cb , Sorry about the Np thing , Ralph explained it . Wow I thought I was Pc Illiterate .:LOL: Ralph has a few years on me & he knows ! You know how I learned ? Yup ! I Googled all that crap !:whistle::whistle: . Like said mine is not isolated , & I have Np's ( That's been explained :) ) I've read on here over the years people have issues , I'm not saying this will solve your problem but you might want to try a piece of rubber mounted on the mast where base attaches or even a piece of wood as last resort , just keep base of A-99 away from mast . In no way am I saying it will solve your problem ... but it's a place to start .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ 555 Central Missouri:
    Hello everyone, I have a old courier centurion pll 40 channel SSB, it has the extra channels and it has another switch that just moves the frequency down one channel on the dial, what is the purpose for this?
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST
    +1
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST