• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SKULLCRACKA 16 PILL MOBILE FOR SALE OR TRADE

Hi, BBB. I agree with you 100 percent. If you have been following this thread. You will agree that most of the people who left their comments. Seem to be worried more about the paint job then how well the amplifier performs. I have learned a lesson from this. No matter how well the amplifier performs . Above all else. Make sure the paint is In perfect condition . No imperfections. Runs.Scratches. Dull spots. After all the paint sells the amplifier.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 222DBFL
Well then, Buy It :)

Gonna need 400+ amps for that and the baby drivers. Definitely a cool collectable piece of amp history (y)

I was never really a big power guy, just don't need that many watts enough to justify the cost of the whole system (note that I'm in no way criticizing those who do run big power like this).

If this was something like a Skullcracka 4 pill I may have been interested.:whistle:

Anyway good luck with the sale cbkidd1, we're doing our best to keep this add bumped up for you;)

Reactions: 222DBFL
Thank's I think for now I am just going to hold on to it, Trying to tape up the stickers. And take off the fans and guards. So I can paint it lol. Did want to sell It. So I could find a yaesu ft-1000D. I Passed on the t bucket. No matter what else interest me I can't seem to get away from being interested in the radio hobby of all things.Think my wife Is rIght. I need to find out where and how to prepare.So I can take the ham test after 42 years of being In the hobby lol.

You will pass no problem. Take both the tech and general at the same time after memorizing, I mean studying for both.

Even though the Yaesu FT1000 has (2) MRF486 finals, you will still need a baby driver in between to tickle that Skull Cracker on 29.000MHz AM. We get folks from Europe on AM in the morning here on the east coast.

http://www.ea1ddo.es/FT1000D_Driver_Board_Problems.pdf

I would hold out for the next version or the FT-1000MP. It has (2) Toshiba 2sc2879s for finals (y)

You will pass no problem. Take both the tech and general at the same time after memorizing, I mean studying for both.

Even though the Yaesu FT1000 has (2) MRF486 finals, you will still need a baby driver in between to tickle that Skull Cracker on 29.000MHz AM. We get folks from Europe on AM in the morning here on the east coast.

http://www.ea1ddo.es/FT1000D_Driver_Board_Problems.pdf

I would hold out for the next version or the FT-1000MP. It has (2) Toshiba 2sc2879s for finals (y)
Thank's for the boost in confidence BBB, I think I can do It. I passed my CDL test. The teacher told me I was the only one in all years of teaching. That got 100 percent on the 500 question test and 100 percent on driving test. He was more excited then me lol. Guess I will do the same thing I did then study study study. Now If I could just lean how to build hf amplifiers lol.

I am on the east coast in pa, On the mason dixon line, To tell you the truth I would like to get another one of steve's joker boxes. I like his better.

It will be interesting to hear how BM tech does with Dave's new builds. I'll hold on to the old school one for now until I hear otherwise ;)

The Skullcracka amps are becoming much more rare as time passes.

Selling my Skullcracka amplifier. These don't come up for sale very often! Here is your chance to own one. Has variable for input tuning 16 2sc2879 transistors. Amplifier is in good working order. Being sold as is.

Asking price of 1,300.00 plus shipping cost or will trade for a Yaesu ft-1000D with filters in great condition. I have 100 percent feed back on here and Ebay. Payment to be made using PayPal Gift (or pay the 3%? charge). Will only ship to lower 48 state. Amplifier will be packaged very well for safe trip to you using Fedex ground with tracking. Again being sold as Is.

IMG_0593_zpswu4fo1sr.jpg
IMG_0593%202_zpshuyfvgbl.jpg
IMG_0592_zpsrdj5pps2.jpg
IMG_0595_zpstcswknew.jpg
IMG_0601%202_zpsdlrzepgt.jpg
Do you still have the 16 pill amp?

Sorry, Gabriel, I sold that amp like Riverman told you about 2 years ago. Maybe I should have kelp it (n) But for me, I found having a tube amp for on the base was much better than running a transistor mobile amp. Plus I enjoy the look of those tubes at night. And I think you get a cleaner signal(y)

Sorry, Gabriel, I sold that amp like Riverman told you about 2 years ago. Maybe I should have kelp it (n) But for me, I found having a tube amp for on the base was much better than running a transistor mobile amp. Plus I enjoy the look of those tubes at night. And I think you get a cleaner signal(y)
Just curious, what tube amp are you running?

Hey Shadetree,
I have an Amp supply lk500ZB I bought a few months ago that has been restored to like new condition. Unforturnley I have not had a chance to use it because of my dumbness. I was hoping to run my RCI-2970N2 with it but I shorted out the CPU by forgetting to use an Amplifier keyer. So until I can come up with the funds to buy a CPU board for the radio or sell it. And buy another all I can do is sit here and listen.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Did it actually damage the CPU so that the radio stopped functioning or did it just lose the ability to key the amplifier? If it just won't key the amp you could use a foot pedal until the repair.

Unfortunately, he lost the CPU on it, Shockwave. That 2970N2 is a goner unless he can replace the CPU. There is another way to directly key an amp like that. Just involves a small relay that can be mounted internally inside the radio and needs just a couple of wires and a 1/8 inch mono jack mounted in the back of the radio. I can provide info if needed.

~Cheers~

Hello Exit Thirteen,
How is everything good I hope, Well I am ordering the CPU right after I talk to you. I would really appreciate it very much if you don't mind sending me the info on how I would hook up the RCI to directly key the amp. That would be awesome. Hopefully, Greg still has a CPU and that's all I need to get and install to make the 2970n2 whole again. I am very glad Chris and yourself was willing to help me in finding and fixing the RCI. 73,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.