1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Smokin' Joe's

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by codeman, Mar 18, 2020.

1. codeman

codeman Recovering Crackerhead

Mike Houston (Smokin' Joe) passed away from a heart attack yesterday. I Just posted to let you any of you guys who may care to know. Not to start any kind of debate or arguments about cb shop and all the bs that usually goes on when you mention a cb shop.

I will say, I dealt with him once and was thinking about getting some more work done from him. But money is tight and I already have more radios then I need. You just never know when your time may be up.

Eldorado828 and walterjn like this.

2. Unit 194

Unit 194 Well-Known Member

R.I.P. :(

Eldorado828 likes this.
  3. sp5it

sp5it Master of puppets

RIP.... At least passed away peacefully at sleep, not struggling with cancer or other sh1t for months...
    Mike

4. guitar_199

guitar_199 Sr. Member

Didn't know him but regretted hearing of his passing. Rest easy....may HE set you up with a great bench up there.

Eldorado828, codeman and walterjn like this.
  5. kaos513

kaos513 Sr. Member

Known him by YouTube videos sounded like a great guy RIP

Unit 194, Eldorado828 and codeman like this.
  6. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

He was just up Hwy. 35, in Sweeney, TX, I think. Looked him up. Talked with him. At that time he was only doing work to new radios bought through him. Sorry to hear. He had a good rep.

Unit 194, codeman and Eldorado828 like this.
  7. red97k1500

red97k1500 Well-Known Member

I did have one dealing with him, this time last year. Sorry to hear he passed away.

Eldorado828 likes this.
  8. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

I will keep his passion for - and love of - radio close...

The Youtube vids he provides are some of the best, if not honest - reviews and opinions from a guy that sees the world thru his own senses.

You can't get more real than that...

I will miss his presence...

codeman and Eldorado828 like this.
  9. snippits75

snippits75 Well-Known Member

His wife posted a video on his Youtube account yesterday. Watched lots of his videos.

10. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 Amarillo Tx Standing By

Sure is sad news, may he rest in peace and prayers for the family as they mourn.

I didn't know much about him but his videos were always informative and he never belittled others as some do. Seemed like a good guy.

Unit 194 likes this.