• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

so i just got a free linear amp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_fx

Oct 8, 2011
Kansas City
it's not complete... it;s the PA section out of an old Atlas Radio 350XL

4 pill, 2sc2290, should do at least 250 watt, the specs say it does 350 pep

looks like it's in good shape and would not take much to make it a talker... install some SO-239 surface mounts, new power wires (BIGGER) and build a little SSB delay

DSCF4066.jpg

DSCF4064.jpg

DSCF4062.jpg

Maybe you can worm a partial refund out of the previous owner.

maybe you need to mind your own business and get a life... that guy sold me a broken radio and he SAID it was in perfect working order... however it ended up eating a final, eating a driver and having to have repairs and had a cracked main board... and the bias jumper board was soldered in place... it was NOT working as described... it cost me a lot of time to make the radio into what he said it was... the seller and I came to an agreement... it;s none of your concern

I buy lots of radio gear, and I rarely have to ask for a refund or return it, because most of the time it is as the seller describes it to be...

I mean what, I should have just said... oh well, you win some you loose some, a dead radio instead of a working radio is no big deal? are you a fucking retard?

go fuck yourself moron

I did start to close it, but left it open after I though about it..... after all.
Come-on guys .... Lets all play nice.
I am glad you sent it to Doc`s in NY and got it fixed.
And in defense of the seller, it could have worked when he shipped it, and got damaged in shipping.....UPS/USPS are not know to treat our packages so well at times.
moving right along folks,

( i thought you put these guys on your ignore list?)

it amazes me how much you are interested in me... why don;t you just get it over with and ask me out for dinner

Easy enough.

Cheap entertainment.

Post a comment, come back later with a cold drink and laugh about the reply.:pop:

359 just getting under your skin and it seems like he is doing a good job of it.

And in defense of the seller, it could have worked when he shipped it, and got damaged in shipping.....UPS/USPS are not know to treat our packages so well at times.

I totally agree that it could have taken damage in shipping... but I am on the receiving end... and how or why it takes damage is not the buyers problem... it's something that the seller should work out with the shipper...

I did offer to ship it back (on my dime) and just asked for a refund

I truly think that the seller was not aware of the problem... and that he had good intentions... but I paid for 2 working radios, one that was ready to talk and one that needed an alignment... I got a radio that died and a radio that needed an alignment... the cost or value did not matter...

Doc said that an HR2510 with a dead final and a crack in the board is worth around $40-50 that being figured I asked for what the final was worth $25, plus what it would cost to ship/pack/double box/insure the radio round trip... ignoring the cost of the actual repair

I only asked that the radio be in the condition it was advertised or that the seller would take them both back and sell them to someone else...

let me ask you this... if you paid for a radio that was supposed to me working and recently aligned, would you be happy if you had to repair it? I don;t think so

I bought a parts HR2510 and did not want a refund on it... why? because it was sold as non working

I bought a Magnum s-9... didn;t want a refund for that, because it works as advertised...

I bought a bunch of cobra 29 radios in a lot... I did not want a refund on them , some worked, some did not... but they were pulled from fleet trucks and 'untested'

I paid mackmobile's mom and 359's little sister for a tag team BJ... I did not ask for a refund because they both kissed each other after ward and swapped snowballs with each other... it was epic

I recently purchased a used laptop it worked as described... guess what I didn't ask for a refund there either...

see when things are as described you don;t need to ask for refund... SIMPLE AS THAT BOYS

Easy enough.

Cheap entertainment.

Post a comment, come back later with a cold drink and laugh about the reply.:pop:

359 just getting under your skin and it seems like he is doing a good job of it.

yes it is kinda funny... yes she is getting under my skin... a little bit, but I still get a laugh out of it from time to time

group hug......
Ok......
Public hand smack.
Audio, be nice
Mack, Be nice
Glr Be nice
359 Be nice

the rest of you unruly members be nice.
Mr_fx Be a little thicker skinned and Go get a Bud light and send me the receipt so I can reimburse you.
It is a good find if you got it for free and it works..
Shake hands?
And .....to be fair Mack and GLR have been easy on you, ...you have not seen anything.
You should have been around when Afrodude, Big Nasty Trucker, Chocolate Cowboy and Black Jesus stopped by to say hello.
Let it slide by, Smile .

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person
I mean a guy recently PM'ed me about the shit you guys keep starting and he stuff like this is why he will never join this forum... I told him that most people on here are pretty nice, but you guys are just hurting the forum when you act like this...

I mean who is going to pay for a membership when you guys are always doing this kind of shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.