• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So.. then.. this site allows discussion of illegal CB stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do so many legallity obsessed hams care what others are doing illegally,

does it affect you?

would it make your experience of radio better if people didn't pirate?

does it make you feel superior in some way if you don't do anything illegal?

do other hams not do enough illegal stuff to allow you to concentrate on them and leave us lowly illegal cb'ers alone?

or is it just plain old jealousy because they have the gonads and you haven't to defy authorities that are just plain old government money making departments that have absolutely no care whatsoever about the spectrum (and no moral right whatsoever to control it seeing as they are self elected nobodies) and will quite happily sell it off to the highest and most gullable bidder?

not to mention the spectrum is a naturally occuring phenomena and they have no right to charge for its use,

what next? charge us for lightning,air,thunder,sunlight ? make a test that a 6 year old could pass to allow those who pass it to go outside in the dark? a bit like they did to allow certain people with the iq of a worm on the ham bands.

maybe its just time to take your head from where its buried and see the light that snobbery/prejudice/elitism is just CRAP.
They are pissed that they can't bust up a pile up with 1500 watts and assume the guys receiver is being interfered with by an illegal cb op scattering on the band instead of blaming his own shoty setup.

Why do so many legallity obsessed hams care what others are doing illegally,

1:does it affect you?

2:would it make your experience of radio better if people didn't pirate?

3:does it make you feel superior in some way if you don't do anything illegal?

4:do other hams not do enough illegal stuff to allow you to concentrate on them and leave us lowly illegal cb'ers alone?

5:eek:r is it just plain old jealousy because they have the gonads and you haven't to defy authorities that are just plain old government money making departments that have absolutely no care whatsoever about the spectrum (and no moral right whatsoever to control it seeing as they are self elected nobodies) and will quite happily sell it off to the highest and most gullable bidder?

6: not to mention the spectrum is a naturally occuring phenomena and they have no right to charge for its use,

7:what next? charge us for lightning,air,thunder,sunlight ? make a test that a 6 year old could pass to allow those who pass it to go outside in the dark? a bit like they did to allow certain people with the iq of a worm on the ham bands.

8:maybe its just time to take your head from where its buried and see the light that snobbery/prejudice/elitism is just CRAP.

answering your comments in order you posted k? I numbered your for easy refernence.

1: It affected me when I used to use CB. I learned. I gave it up (mostly) If you do not like what you hear. You turn it off, or go away. It currently does not bother me.

2: No

3:Yes. "criminals" desire to destroy society and infringe upon the rights of others. (Some illegal CB operators probably haven't violated anyt other laws in their lives though.. this is just a generalization of crime and society) Criminals infringe on the rights of others, then whine when caught that the government infringes upon theirs... huh? go figure.

4:Being new here I can understand your apprehension... especially me starting a new thread.

Anyway... hams do not do illegal stuff. They follow the regulations.

I will leave the cber's alone here for the most part. I just was taken aback when I saw all this talk about amplifiers and non type-accepted radios... I though this was a ham site, and was rather shocked. A lot of good info here... I was sad the board was "tarnished" by the presence of cb operators who willfully violate the rules.

At any rate, I do not intend to scour the CB sections and go "that's illegal" on every post. I probably won't visit here too often anyway.

5: I have plenty of gonads. Rules are rules. I'm not one of those "political conspiracy theory folks", so I do not discuss politics.

6:This is a valid point. BUT, There has to be a way to pay for spectrum administration and regulation. If everyone used whatever frequency they wanted, and did what they wanted. ALL the airwaves would be the anarchy CB is. Each service has its assigned frequencies. This prevents interference... although "Freebanders" disregard allocations and use frequencies assigned to other services, INCLUDING the 10 meter amateur band!

an example to supprt your point.. Why pay $85 for a GMRs license to use a $20 pair of radios.... totally retarded I agree!

7: you make no sense here.... get off the "political conspiracy theory" mindset and thing what is really right and wrong.

8: My head is buried nowhere. Tell me who is right....(time for your test)

A: The polite person who identifies properly, uses no profanity and carries on a conversation, and is mindful and polite to other users of the frequency.

B: The person who uses profanity, insults others, Will overpower others, uses devices to jam frequencies.

Upon your answer, I will grade you. This will assist me in evaluating whether I can conduct intelligent exchanges with you, as well as assisting you in proper behavior AND assisting ME to see if there quite possibly is something *I* just don't get.

answering your comments in order you posted k? I numbered your for easy refernence.

1: You turn it off, or go away.

why be so hung up about it to post this thread if its that simple to avoid?

H'mmm, so where's your issue ?

3:Yes. "criminals" desire to destroy society and infringe upon the rights of others. (Some illegal CB operators probably haven't violated anyt other laws in their lives though.. this is just a generalization of crime and society) Criminals infringe on the rights of others, then whine when caught that the government infringes upon theirs... huh? go figure.

yep illegal cb'ers are criminals,unlike the paedo's that hold ham licences,they must be ok cause they are legal,lol.

seeing as you don't like politics i won't mention the real criminals that make all the dumbass laws people like yourself worship.you know the guys like george bush and tony blair, who commit genocide on countries because they had the audacity to use chemical weapons nutters sold them, ironically the same nutters that make the laws you love so much.

or theres my favourite ham in scotland,captain dunbartonshire,lol,the mentally insane nugget that threatened to blow up the channel tunnel,but hey he holds a ham license so he must be cool,eh?

4:Being new here I can understand your apprehension... especially me starting a new thread.

I will leave the cber's alone here for the most part. I just was taken aback when I saw all this talk about amplifiers and non type-accepted radios... I though this was a ham site, and was rather shocked. A lot of good info here... I was sad the board was "tarnished" by the presence of cb operators who willfully violate the rules.

At any rate, I do not intend to scour the CB sections and go "that's illegal" on every post. I probably won't visit here too often anyway.

me apprehensive, you deffo are new here,lol.

hams following rules and not doing illegal stuff,yeah right, and the pope is considering becoming muslim.

5: I have plenty of gonads. Rules are rules. I'm not one of those "political conspiracy theory folks", so I do not discuss politics.

strange,most people only have two gonads,do they give you extra ones when you pass your general test?

6:This is a valid point. BUT, There has to be a way to pay for spectrum administration and regulation. If everyone used whatever frequency they wanted, and did what they wanted. ALL the airwaves would be the anarchy CB is. Each service has its assigned frequencies. This prevents interference... although "Freebanders" disregard allocations and use frequencies assigned to other services, INCLUDING the 10 meter amateur band!

an example to supprt your point.. Why pay $85 for a GMRs license to use a $20 pair of radios.... totally retarded I agree!

interference has been the argument against legal ssb cb on 11m in this country for decades,its bullshit, because if it isn't can you the ham explain to me why our government has just relaxed the rules on the 10m ham band to allow people with no to little technical ability to operate sideband there yet deny cb'ers 1mhz away the same privilidge (despite the european authories disproving the interference claims) ,does 11m cause more interference than 10m? of course it doresn't

7: you make no sense here.... get off the "political conspiracy theory" mindset and thing what is really right and wrong.

politics is such an honest occupation, look up the term, "spin doctor" i think you'll find its a political term for lying deceptive cheating bastard.

8: My head is buried nowhere. Tell me who is right....(time for your test)

A: The polite person who identifies properly, uses no profanity and carries on a conversation, and is mindful and polite to other users of the frequency.

B: The person who uses profanity, insults others, Will overpower others, uses devices to jam frequencies.

Upon your answer, I will grade you. This will assist me in evaluating whether I can conduct intelligent exchanges with you, as well as assisting you in proper behavior AND assisting ME to see if there quite possibly is something *I* just don't get.

Grade me, quality!!!!

only thing you don't get is "reality"

i'm curious to know how booty managed to find your photo so quickly.(y)(y)

Posted by kd8dvr :

While I agree with most of what you said I do not agree with the statement above. I have found MANY examples of the above being not true. You've used a broad brush in this statement that many like to use but can be debunked just in one quick trip to 75-80m . If your not careful that kind of statement will not help your argument and may backfire because in the " REAL " world it just isn't true. I've heard and seen too much and have to take issue with that statement. It looks good on paper though :)

(y)

You should go to QRZ.com and look at the QRO poll. Lots of hams using more than 1.5 kW on amateur bands.

You should look some of the signals the AM guys on 75m are producing. They exceed limits by just a bit (by a bit, I mean a lot).

Better yet, spend some time on 80/75m. No IDs, profanity, and ill will.

W6NUT repeater. Nuff' said.

Repeater jammers who turn out to be hams.

You can come here and bitch about a 200w Palomar amplifier. Me personally? I don't give a damn. As long as they keep it off the ham bands, I don't care. I don't see you bitching about the guys building 3 kW+ amps on QRZ using soviet radar vacuum tubes though?

HUH? :unsure:

You joined 9 months ago, that's not exactly "new" to me.

But here, you stay away from 11m and I'll stay away from 10m and we'll get along just grand (y)

Trolls... Trolls... they're everywhere :D

When he's a big enough man to walk into my house and shut off my radio, I'll worry about him.. until then he's just another idiot who hides behind a keyboard and anonymity.

As for hams always following rules and regulations just listen to 75/80m, some 20m, or any contest weekend... I try to be courteous to whoever I'm speaking with regardless of what frequency/mode/band I'm on.

Both ham and CB have their idiots, same as anything else in this world. As long as human beings are doing something, there will be those with the desire to spread hate and discontent and those with the desire to dedicate their time to pointing out the flaws in others to make up for their feelings of insecurity.

Enough is enough here guys. Lets keep things civil.I see nothing wrong with the original poster simply asking the question but I have seen lots of problems with a lot of the replies given. One observation made is that it always seems the rudest responses come from those people that operate "more illegally" than others. That should say something about their character in general I would say. So far misinformation has been presented by both sides especially in regards to interference caused by illegal operations and that fact that hams do not break the law.(Yeah right) I agree with Sonwatcher in his previous post. Having been a ham for about 25 years I have seen and heard more than enough illegal activities on the air and I have also heard enough interference from illegal CBer's as well from their splatterbox class C shit boxes tearing up all over 10 and 11meters. Rather than label someone as a troll and and bitch about what you THINK he is like, why not simply answer the questions as they are asked and explain the way things are run on this forum.

PS: You all know how we just HATE to lock threads but...........

:pop:

kd8dvr: I've been a ham for over 40 years. I operate AM on 80M. I run a broadcast transmitter at 1000W output. In Canada, (where I live) this is illegal. We are only allowed 1000W input. I have tons of friends in the US northeast who also operate AM. Some are running BC rigs, others, home-brew rigs running a pair of 4-400's and even a pair of 4-1000's. Now you know that the maximum US legal output is 375W avg. (or 1500W PEP). Abiding by the rules? Rules are for criminals so that the government can prosecute the criminal for something. Myself, and these erstwhile "overpowered" hams are not criminals. Both Spectrum Agencies (I.C. in Canada, and the FCC in he US) know who we are. Why are they leaving us alone? As far as I can see, you're a throwback to the sixties when hams actually obeyed rules and behaved in a rectitudinous manner. Those days are gone, sorry to say. I salute your diligence.

As for CB'ers and freebanders... Well, my evaluation of the users of this forum, as well as other radio fora shows that about +/- 50% of the posters to the "Export Radio" forum, and other "contentious" forums are hams. Too many of the posters to the "Amplifiers" forum, are hams. About half of the posts I see dealing with CB issues are hams. I truly believe that if you polled the amateur population, you would find about 65 - 70% are active CB'ers. I'll further venture that about 35% of Freebanders are hams. Get your head out of your nether regions and wake up. Almost 60% of new hams today are coming out of the CB/Freebander ranks.

You don't like the discussions of illegal radios, and other equipment? Don't read them. I thank G-d for the First Amendment, and I'm not even an American!!!

We are only allowed 1000W input.

Still going by the old way hey Ed? I prefer the part that says the power limit may be measured in terms of power output and that Canadian amateurs are limited to 750 watts for any carrier mode. While that means we can legally only run 750 watts of CW it also means we can run 750 watts of carrier at 100% mod on AM which is equal to 3000 watts pep. Better yet is the 2250 watt pep limit on SSB. (y)As for keeping things legal, I don't have to worry about that. Sadley. :cry:

Go ahead and lock the thread. I"m getting no intelligent answers here. Instead I get my address posted in forums and pretty much the same smear campaigns that the illegals do on CB. Obviously, my point as to the characted of illegal CBers has been proven.

I need no further eduction or insight. I've found the answer to my questions and do not like what I see on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.