• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So you like videogates?

For diagnostic purposes, I think it's fine.
Play it back and let the person hear for themselves what's going on.

BUT! Virtually none are for diagnostic purposes.
They are used for far more nefarious purposes by the CB narcissist.

This is why Rabbi does it at least, which is why he necro'd an over two year old thread to post an elaborate setup.

For diagnostic purposes, I think it's fine.
Play it back and let the person hear for themselves what's going on.

BUT! Virtually none are for diagnostic purposes.
They are used for far more nefarious purposes by the CB narcissist.

This is why Rabbi does it at least, which is why he necro'd an over two year old thread to post an elaborate setup.

Don't judge them all based on the actions of rabbiporkchop. There are a few guys that make videogates without an agenda. They record it and put it on YouTube. Not something I'm interested in doing but to each his own.

There have been times that I listened to a gate just to compare what I heard to what someone across the country was hearing.

How about the people who have set up a web sdr that everyone can access through websdr.org or sdr.hu ? Are they evil?

How about the people who have set up a web sdr that everyone can access through websdr.org or sdr.hu ? Are they evil?

That's not a "video gate" just a receiver in a geographically different location.
Different beast altogether.

That's not a "video gate" just a receiver in a geographically different location.
Different beast altogether.

It is different but plenty of narcissists use both for the same bad reasons. If you condemn one because narcissists use it don't you have to condemn the other? See the hypocrisy?

Thing is, I did not say all of them.
I know there are some that do it just to do it.
I think you are splitting the hair, so we can agree to disagree.

Reactions: 543_Dallas
Going back to the original topic, I don't think YouTube will remove videos unless someone really crosses the line. I think you've given up the right to privacy when you transmit on public airwaves.

The reason I say this is because of the videos that were recorded here a few years ago. I know several guys reported them but they are still there. There were times they were taken off of YouTube for a short time but most of them came back. Search for "ch35 cbers" on YouTube for some really nefarious video gates that fit the stereotype. Perfect example of a guy that would have gotten bored and left them alone if they hadn't played his game.

YouTube is starting to be more of a haven for the trolls.
They have no system to enforce their own rules as it is.

I think you've given up the right to privacy when you transmit on public airwaves.

^^ This x 1000.

You transmitted on a radio that depending on your location and conditions could be heard for miles around or worldwide.
If you want to remain anonymous on spectrum allocated for public use then don't use it!

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
If YouTube won't pull the video for a screen name or avatar then why would they pull it for a CB handle?
YouTube will pull a channel if the name of the channel violates their rules.
I have seen it. You can't name yourself something offensive and get to keep it once they get a complaint.
If anything in the video is even remotely questionable they generally pull it.
That's thumbnails, subtitles, speech, etc.

If the CB handle that is spoken in a video is something that breaks the rules, I can see them pulling it.

But you have to complain and get it reviewed, which is really, really hard.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.